PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 19677 times)

roytonmike

Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

Dave - we do have a coach booked tho' how many are on it I don't know - there weren't that many names down on Tuesday, to be honest. There'll be some making their own way by car or train, too. Hope the promised rain has gone by the time we get there! As to the game - God alone knows what the score will be - it shouldn't be goalless, but that probably means it will be! I'm just hoping for a continuation of the improved effort shown in the last few games; hopefully the core of the team will be as in the last two games, as it helps not to have to introduce the players to one another before the kick-off. 

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 05:10:49 PM »

Fancy us to win by the odd goal in 3

Reeves and Lawrie,

Hope to make the Nuneaton game

C'mon Harvey's Heroes....

Daveangel

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »

Dave - we do have a coach booked tho' how many are on it I don't know - there weren't that many names down on Tuesday, to be honest. There'll be some making their own way by car or train, too. Hope the promised rain has gone by the time we get there! As to the game - God alone knows what the score will be - it shouldn't be goalless, but that probably means it will be! I'm just hoping for a continuation of the improved effort shown in the last few games; hopefully the core of the team will be as in the last two games, as it helps not to have to introduce the players to one another before the kick-off. 

Well safe journey down. I'm like a stuck record saying it, but the bar is in the carpark outside the ground, so it pays to either pay get in and get a pass to go out and have a beer when you arrive, or buy a ticket in the bar (someone will be walking around).

That way you can stroll straight in the big gate rather than having to join the queue to get in when everyone piles out of the bar at 2.58pm.

I'm going for 3-3 too. 40/1 with B365! :)

York Alty is back

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »

It's either a Desmond or a three two Alty win.

Oh yes.

tigerroar

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »

5-0 :)

York Alty is back

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »

It's either a Desmond or a three two Alty win.

Oh yes.

Erm...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »

ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 07:56:15 PM »

I said 0-0 so half right!

Believe it was worse than Fylde.
Full time and proud of it

tigerroar

VofD

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2016, 10:10:57 PM »

What an utter total EFFIN shambles.  >:( >:( >:(

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »

Defending looked abysmal, how can a six foot lump of man (Hattersley) get pushed of the ball so easily for the 5th. Awful.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »

OMG, sayng no more.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2016, 12:28:09 AM »

Woeful we are in real trouble here

mortlakebob

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 12:30:55 AM »

Just seen the goals.
Its just a total embarassment.  
We dont look fit, we cant do the basics, and worse of all on the 2nd goal which sums up the whole season theres a pathetic lack of effort at putting pressure on the man on the ball. There are actually people on that pitch not even trying their full physical best on at least 3 of the goals in front of a new manager.
Im shocked.
Whats going on? Braintree in April was supposed to be the embarassing low.
Afc fylde should have been 10 nil, this looks the same.
why are we so slow at closing down players on the ball? Please can the players explain it. It would be baffling in an under 15 game. Are we chronically less fit than every opponent we have played. Genuine question.
We havent remotely deserved to win any of the ten games so theres not even any element of hard luck about it. Infact i think we have had the rub of the green to be on 4 pts not 1 or 2 pts.
I never write posts this critical. Ive not even had a whisky. I just cant believe in front of a new manager they dont put pressure on the man on the ball. Do most of them not realise they are already dead in Jim harveys eyes now and some will never play at this level or size of club again. Its now already too late for them cos theyve failed the character test on day one. Has there not been any barometer check on players fitness, players character and recent form before they are signed/selected??  37 years supporting and shell shocked, not by defeats or by league positions or players who arent good enough, but by the sheer lack of commitment and fighting spirit.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 12:43:39 AM »

Just seen the goals.
Its just a total embarassment.  
We dont look fit, we cant do the basics, and worse of all on the 2nd goal which sums up the whole season theres a pathetic lack of effort at putting pressure on the man on the ball. There are actually people on that pitch not even trying their full physical best on at least 3 of the goals in front of a new manager.
Im shocked.
Whats going on? Braintree in April was supposed to be the embarassing low.
Afc fylde should have been 10 nil, this looks the same.
why are we so slow at closing down players on the ball? Please can the players explain it. It would be baffling in an under 15 game. Are we chronically less fit than every opponent we have played. Genuine question.
We havent remotely deserved to win any of the ten games so theres not even any element of hard luck about it. Infact i think we have had the rub of the green to be on 4 pts not 1 or 2 pts.
I never write posts this critical. Ive not even had a whisky. I just cant believe in front of a new manager they dont put pressure on the man on the ball. Do most of them not realise they are already dead in Jim harveys eyes now and some will never play at this level or size of club again. Its now already too late for them cos theyve failed the character test on day one. Has there not been any barometer check on players fitness, players character and recent form before they are signed/selected??  37 years supporting and shell shocked, not by defeats or by league positions or players who arent good enough, but by the sheer lack of commitment and fighting spirit.

a great post . I've always said I don't mind losing if players try and give 100% some of these players are a disgrace to the shirt. Disgusting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread