PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieve more likely now?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reprieve more likely now?  (Read 4679 times)

markecky

Re: Reprieve more likely now?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »

For me, Jimmy Hill has it spot on.

You can say we went down because we didn't have enough points.

However you can say that the some of the matches were loaded from the start. Would we have beaten Crawley 1-0 and not drawn 1-1 if they had been forced to cut their cloth and play a team of reserves and kids?  Or use injured players on the bench to make up numbers like we had to. 

Our reward for financial prudence, community work, facilities development and paying bills was relegation as teams who did none of the above stayed happily in the league. What incentive is there to run your club right?

It seems that if your business plan is to survive you cannot do it fairly if not everyone has read the rules of the game.

Its like the kid that goes home for his tea during a game of kickstone comes back out and saves all. Not only have you spent twenty minutes looking for him when he is in his kitchen, you have to be on again and there its always in the back of your mind he may have done it again, despite what his Mum says when you knock on for him.

Yeah Stafford scraped it by having a good start but they were God awful on both times they beat us (yeah yeah Stafford fans, we know we were sh*t as well).

It just doesn't seem right that four quite well run clubs go down and get laughed at by charlatans who make no provision for even paying wages.

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 08:46:03 AM »

Its like the kid that goes home for his tea during a game of kickstone comes back out and saves all. Not only have you spent twenty minutes looking for him when he is in his kitchen, you have to be on again and there its always in the back of your mind he may have done it again, despite what his Mum says when you knock on for him.

God damn, you clearly cheated at kickstone, I would never have dreamed that story up. You are the Crawley of Kickstone for sure.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »

I look at the Crawley situation with Evans now in cahoots with the Majeeds and the only phrase which springs to mind is "honour amongst thieves".

That is all.

teasybeaver

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »

God damn, you clearly cheated at kickstone, I would never have dreamed that story up. You are the Crawley of Kickstone for sure.

I wondered where he'd gone last week, thought it was the best hidin place ever. Now, come to mention it there was a distinct munching sound of wagon wheels when me and Wayne knocked on just to be sure.

Next time, Ecky,you're it 1st, we're not doin numbers and you're definately countin to 100 slowly, not even an option of going up in 5's!

markecky

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »

Goig to France whilst Wayne was counting was a masterstroke in my book!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 11:09:34 AM »

I would like to put my stongest of feelings into writing; i have just had 1 month off work while searching for teasy Beaver and Eckey during a game of Kickstone.

Now it turns out after knocking on for Mark several times he has actually moved house and lives no where Stamford Park, and beaver was in another country....... Does any one else want to play instead im sure i can get another couple of days off.

I even tried Allans, Joannes and Diggy dales but they have all fooked off too.

On a more serious note i agree completley with your post but unfortunatley it runs right through the entire game from grass roots to Premership.

Any way im off back out again to start my search........
Come on you red and white........

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »

It just doesn't seem right that four quite well run clubs go down and get laughed at by charlatans who make no provision for even paying wages.

Tamworth in rare (albeit disguised) praise on Alty forum shocker.  :D

Agree entirely with yourself and Jimmy altho not sure why Stafford are mentioned, presumably to say that a team can survive..

Also, seen the Madjo goal at Moss Lane on the end of season dvd, regardless of whether we were down to 10 men a more unmarked player in the penalty area I have ever seen, it's almost like watching a sky playercam on him alone!!! >:(
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieve more likely now?