Agm ?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Agm ?  (Read 11077 times)

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Agm ?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »

I wonder if the original post of this thread has been lost somewhat, surely its intention was to gain a report from people who were there on the floor of AGM? I would imagine that a fair percentage of users of this forum are either non-shareholders or the ones that are shareholders may be exiles.

I certainly mean no disrespect to John Laidlar in saying this, but any report on the clubs official website is surely only going to paint a kind picture of the board and present the events of the AGM in a positive light?

Therefore perhaps any attendees who use this forum could confirm that the official report is indeed a fair reflection or in fact confirm any contentious issues not mentioned in John's report? For example when it came to the vote on Grahame Rowley's re-election as chairman were there any dissenting voices or votes against re-election? Whilst I would be surprised if there were enough voices present to ensure that GR lost any vote, I'd certainly be surprised if he was elected unanimously.

Again, I don't think these are unfair questions but can also see why they wouldn't be reported on the official website.

Finally, on the point of personal abuse, the only 'abuse' I have encountered on this thread has come from a club official, shame on you Phil Taylor.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »

Can I just quickly say that I thought it was a good statement? Thanks to those involved.

It's clear that everybody is hurting and mistakes have been made (and owned up to) - things will get better, even if it means dropping another level in the short-term.

Also - I enjoy drinking in the CSH and marvel how that side of the matchday 'experience' is wonderful compared to where we were a few years ago (just a shame the stuff on the pitch isn't!)

This post is far too close to the correct subject matter to be taken seriously. I demand you take it back and replace it with something related to giving other fans abuse or a forum about our forum!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »

For me as someone who has been critical of the Board since March and Post-Sinnott I was pleasantly surprised at the AGM. I went there expecting the Chairman to be on the defensive, but he wasn't. Even Andrew Shaw who has been agitated at recent public meetings was open and positive. He described the strategic review as warts and all. It was the most positive meetings I've been to in years. The board have a long way to go to turn the relationship with majority of supporters around but one thing is certain they aren't going anywhere soon.

I also attended the TASC meeting and there were some good ideas put forward. It was attended by Paul and Neil who showed a genuine interest in working with the group. A long way to go, but let's concentrate on supporting Jim and the team for now and see where we end up come the end of April.

bighairedmike

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 12:19:11 AM »

Can I just quickly say that I thought it was a good statement? Thanks to those involved.

It's clear that everybody is hurting and mistakes have been made (and owned up to) - things will get better, even if it means dropping another level in the short-term.

Also - I enjoy drinking in the CSH and marvel how that side of the matchday 'experience' is wonderful compared to where we were a few years ago (just a shame the stuff on the pitch isn't!)

This post is far too close to the correct subject matter to be taken seriously. I demand you take it back and replace it with something related to giving other fans abuse or a forum about our forum!

Whilst I appreciate your attempt at using humour, surely as a forum administrator you should not be diverting the subject of a thread that you have expressly said should not run off course?

bighairedmike

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 12:21:05 AM »

For me as someone who has been critical of the Board since March and Post-Sinnott I was pleasantly surprised at the AGM. I went there expecting the Chairman to be on the defensive, but he wasn't. Even Andrew Shaw who has been agitated at recent public meetings was open and positive. He described the strategic review as warts and all. It was the most positive meetings I've been to in years. The board have a long way to go to turn the relationship with majority of supporters around but one thing is certain they aren't going anywhere soon.

I also attended the TASC meeting and there were some good ideas put forward. It was attended by Paul and Neil who showed a genuine interest in working with the group. A long way to go, but let's concentrate on supporting Jim and the team for now and see where we end up come the end of April.

May I ask who Paul and Neil are, with regards to surnames. As somebody who has been at TASC meetings previously, I can't paint a face to the name.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 01:32:27 AM »

Paul Daine and Neil Faulkener are Club Board members

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2016, 06:35:12 AM »

Whilst I appreciate your attempt at using humour, surely as a forum administrator you should not be diverting the subject of a thread that you have expressly said should not run off course?

Humour?

York Alty is back

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »

Humour?

Not allowed on here. Not any more.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »

Humour?

Not allowed on here. Not any more.
about time too
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Agm ?