PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Midfield  (Read 7801 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Midfield
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2019, 10:40:48 PM »

I hate the whole choosing between players, especially good lads, but I'd take Chadwick over Peers every day of the week.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »

Very disappointing but in the end a fair result. We had the chances at 1-0, especially the one poked just wide of the post on the stretch (Hulme?) but second half York dominated & looked very comfortable. If anyone finishes above them they’ll win the league. Still, we move on to a big Cheshire derby on Tuesday night & I think this squad will remain confident.

On a side note have to say that the Libero craft beer bar is an excellent addition and having queued on the opening day of last season vs Lem for a pint for the whole of half time and the first five mins of the second, that the queuing time of 3 mins was most welcome. A street food vendor in the same corner of the Golf Road as Libero is the obvious next step now.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »

Very disappointing but in the end a fair result. We had the chances at 1-0, especially the one poked just wide of the post on the stretch (Hulme?) but second half York dominated & looked very comfortable. If anyone finishes above them they’ll win the league. Still, we move on to a big Cheshire derby on Tuesday night & I think this squad will remain confident.

On a side note have to say that the Libero craft beer bar is an excellent addition and having queued on the opening day of last season vs Lem for a pint for the whole of half time and the first five mins of the second, that the queuing time of 3 mins was most welcome. A street food vendor in the same corner of the Golf Road as Libero is the obvious next step now.

Agreed that corner has so much potential to do something slughtly different, the tables are great too (no doubt people were usimg them during the game too).

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 08:32:36 AM »

Regarding McNulty his lack of fitness was not challenged yesterday. How a player has the brass balls to turn up for training every day so out of condition baffles me. The manager must have a lot of faith in his abilities as a footballer.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 09:06:28 AM »

Regarding McNulty his lack of fitness was not challenged yesterday. How a player has the brass balls to turn up for training every day so out of condition baffles me. The manager must have a lot of faith in his abilities as a footballer.

He bossed it.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2019, 12:14:21 PM »

He bossed it.

Absolutely. His lack of mobility is compensated by his tactical and positional awareness.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2019, 12:23:42 PM »

Sounds like Moult, Richland and Hancock will walk into the starting 11 when available,. Not great summer recruitment
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »

Have you checked out his record........promoted everywhere he has been and a possibility that this season will add to that tally

He has looked and probably been unfit for the last fifteen seasons but reads the game
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »

Once the game was gone, I was kinda just watching McNulty directing the rest of his back line, both on and off the ball.

Seemed to be having quite a few animated conversations with Jordan - he knew he had him in his pocket.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2019, 05:52:36 PM »

His Wikipedia page certainly sings his praises. I doubt he won those promotions on his own though.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 06:08:00 PM »

His Wikipedia page certainly sings his praises. I doubt he won those promotions on his own though.

Don't recall any player winning a trophy or title on his own in 150 years of football....but I suspect that substandard players don't stay in a winning squad for long

Point being : a fat unfit guy.....but a good player and  easily as good as any of our defensive options
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield