PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendance, good enough?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Attendance, good enough?  (Read 5621 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance, good enough?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »

Ok apologies to get back in yer box for the above - everyone has the club at heart -it's just all good ideas need volunteers to implement the ideas and as has been quoted before, ideas are never in short supply
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:51 AM »

I reckon Gold Road Grumbler has it about right, we need to encourage fans to invest upwards so to speak.
But how?

I surprised by most responses, the prevailing sentiment, if I've understood is 'we are doing ok', is that really good enough though?

You see my problem is this...
The product is great!  Alty play attacking cultured football with high scoring entertainng games as a rule, so why isn't such a good product attracting people?  I have my theories, but I won't post them as they are not complimentary and I don't want to slag off the club.  I'll juste say they could do more and paint isn't that expensive is it...

Nobody is saying we don't want better crowds, or that we don't want to do more to attract them.

I think the club is genuinely - with the resources available - trying to be active in the community. Then you have the kids and ladies teams.  Schools tickets, pensioners Xmas party. Things are being tried.

We rely ultimately on volunteers, and a list of great, well intentioned ideas isn't much use without the people to carry them out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:10:20 AM by Bob »

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »

Fair enough Mick and Bob :)

Money where mouth is time...
If you do need some volunteers in the closed season to paint,  I will be happy to do a bit for you.
I would also be happy to do other basic DIY needed and I would be happy to help distribute school kids tickets and promo literature in the Sale area.

Serious offer.  Who do I make contact with?

ADT

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »

City were at home and discounting tickets as it was the FA cup and it was a sellout. We also had 23 away fans.

We always want higher crowds but I think they have held up very well since relegation, and our home form this season (prior to Stalybridge) was terrible.

If we ever get to 249 like Stalybridge then we need to worry.

249 was a one off attendance, you're lucky you don't have a lot of clubs around you who you have to compete for support with or your crowds would be like ours.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 02:46:56 PM »

Your right, its a good job the biggest club in the worlds stadium isnt that close that it can been seen from the back row of our main stand or we would be getting nwcl crowds also...

Robins Retweet

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »

City were at home and discounting tickets as it was the FA cup and it was a sellout. We also had 23 away fans.

We always want higher crowds but I think they have held up very well since relegation, and our home form this season (prior to Stalybridge) was terrible.

249 was a one off attendance, you're lucky you don't have a lot of clubs around you who you have to compete for support with or your crowds would be like ours.
:D keep trying ADT

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »

Stockport & Hyde are MUCH bigger clubs than United or City aren't they  :D

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »

Is this an early contender for Post of the Year 2013?

You're making a tit of yourself ADT.  

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:55:49 PM by York Alty »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »

Fair enough Mick and Bob :)

Money where mouth is time...
If you do need some volunteers in the closed season to paint,  I will be happy to do a bit for you.
I would also be happy to do other basic DIY needed and I would be happy to help distribute school kids tickets and promo literature in the Sale area.

Serious offer.  Who do I make contact with?

Fair play to you for that. Best bet would be to call the club and they will point you in the right direction.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »

I think for a team at our level and with city and united near crowds are decent and for once adt has a point if there was 6 sides near our level in Trafford attendances may be lower

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »

I think as well perhaps it's been a bit of a funny, stop start season so far. With all the away draws we barely had any Saturday home games before Christmas (5 in fact!). There's not been much regularity. And a midweek average of 660 odd is healthy.

On of the main things I find for attendances is that people are creatures of habit. The best way to keep them is to not allow alternatives almost if you see what I mean. I'm sure with more regular Saturday home fixtures and, to be honest, a bit better home performances we'll soon be getting the regular 770 we were getting last season, probably 800 now we are for once verging in the play off mix.

But Socrates has the main point, get us in the Conference National where we belong and we'll be back to 1100 average before you know it.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attendance, good enough?