PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live commentary here
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Live commentary here  (Read 7351 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Live commentary here
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »

are they down to 9 men
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2007, 04:41:52 PM »

10 men. The ref showed a player (Bostwick) a red accidentally in the 1st half. The player was booked & then sent off for a 2nd booking in the 2nd half

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

No, 10. BBC had Bostwick off in the first half but it was just a booking I believe.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »

Doh! I had the chance to review!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »

Sounds like Gravesendfleet had the same problems we had last week making a substitution

Attendance 861: How do Gravesnorthendfleet run a full time team on this sort of attendance? (as the commentators say that is normal for them)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 04:52:48 PM »

Half the reason we struggle DD, we live within our means nowadays whereas many do not. The bubbles will burst one day but as long as clubs can go into admin and not pay debts the situation will continue.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »

Lets hope for the day the FA start to come down heavy on the teams that go into admin.

I am not trying to be nasty to teams like Ebbsgravesnorthfleet, but thus has to happen for the long term good of football.

Meanwhile, I don't believe Alty are 3-1 worse than Ebbsfleet, but for that 8 minutes soon after Tinny went off things would have been different.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »

Well a nice cup run (or just getting to the first round) would lift the gloom a bit....I've got to say though that I reckon Kendal will be well up for it and will think they can get a result  the way our results have been going.   We've got to get it done next week and give us all something to look forward to.   If we can get on top early next week we should be okay, but the longer it goes on..... :P  Come on Alty.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »

Kendal will be well up for it, but Alty will have something to prove after a couple of poor results (though, I daresay, not poor performances.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 05:18:54 PM »

Don't panic everyone, I'm going nowhere near Kendal next Saturday. A few days in Sardinia next week for me!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »

Don't panic everyone, I'm going nowhere near Kendal next Saturday. A few days in Sardinia next week for me!

I blame the Gravesfleet commentators  for us losing today myself!

Enjoy the sardines!

gravesend46

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2007, 07:56:31 PM »

I am not trying to be nasty to teams like Ebbsgravesnorthfleet, but thus has to happen for the long term good of football.

But you're assuming we're not living within our means? We are, we have a small budget compared to most and we make that budget up each season according to our expected crowds (I imagine we're probably slightly in the red given our slightly smaller crowds this season, but it's not a major thing), plus we've got a decent three-year sponsorship deal from Eurostar. That and the fact we have a good manager, no star names on silly money and a blend of experience and youth. Unfancied teams like ourselves don't have to break the bank to get in the Top 10. We're no different from Forest Green, Histon and Crawley, and not a million miles behind Halifax, Weymouth and Rushden if you're talking purely attendances.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2007, 09:35:15 PM »

One of the radio commentators mentioned something about having to get increased attendancies so that you would not have to sell one of your best players.

In fairness, Ebbsgravesfleet seems to be better run than most and you do seem to have an excellent manager.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live commentary here