PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My thoughts...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My thoughts...  (Read 7361 times)

bumble

My thoughts...
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »

I said it on here and I'll say it again because attracting investment shouldnt be as difficult or scary as people make it out to be.

1. Rowley (or G for the rest of this) has said numerous times he can see if its a shyster looking to damage. But not every company or investor is a shyster. So lets not worry about that, shall we?

On that assumption that G protects the club, investment shouldnt be feared. Now to tackle attracting it.

2. So, what can we offer investor. We have atleast 2 USP's to attract an investor. Firstly our record as a giant killer and non league heritage. People love an underdog. I believe an ex sponsor or chairman of the club said that visiting the tottenham et al. Boardroom made the investment and time worth while. Lets wank off this part time and proud message and get people involved who fancy doing something with their lives. The chance to take a club back to the national and then who knows? The chance to live their own Leicester city story.

Communication and PR agencies have a track record of using creativity to outfox budgets and restrctions.

We dont want money out of pity. We want people to come on this journey. It might now be successful but we'll have a bloody good go at it.

Secondly, and from a brand perspective, we have the community aspect. CSR is huge for brands and has been for a while now. Ploughing money to aboid tax in to schemes

3. How do we communicate this? Well, FCUM had a communication agencies chomping at the bit to join them on their PUNK football journey. Theto y didnt want a shirt sponsor, so approached other companies which a box and story book about their adventure. It raised - I believe 90k - all FCUM paid for was their production costs circa 5k. Manchester Jazz festival appointed Danny Turnbull - who lives in Alty and watched Alty in the 90s - as an honoury person of somethinf and got a brand refresh to attract investment.

Appoint a real communications company to tell our story. To explain our past as well as our future. It could help Barry reach more sponsor with a pitch deck or literature to send out. Or even a one off.

Theres two things I know about rich people : the rich like to stay rich and that rich people want things other rich people don't.

Let's use the 2nd one shall we?

Frosty

Re: My thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »

Gout

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:20:09 PM »

He is a liability to the future of this club -

No you are Jamie, or more specifically your keyboard, ..... your hysterically negative keyboard attitude doesnt help the club at all.  >:(

The current malaise isn't caused by a lack of funding (we have easily enough to compete at this level) its caused by the board appointing the wrong man in Neil Young (from an admittedly weak list) who recruited too many awful players.

The same man incidentally Jamie thought was a great appointment a few weeks ago, just after his previously hysterical attacks on Lee Sinnott. (oh I wish we were back in them days).

Who would have dreamt that anyone with the managerial track record NY had could have made such a monumental mess of things. :-[

It may take a few weeks, but I hope and expect that Jimmy Harvey will get some better players in, get some of our better ones fit and we can climb out of the relegation zone, but there's no doubt that we are now serious relegation candidates unless we improve dramatically.

By Xmas we will know where we stand, this league is far stronger than when we left it as well.

In the meantime, we all just need to stay calm and carry on.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 08:26:51 PM by PukkaPieman »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 09:05:17 PM »

He is a liability to the future of this club -

No you are Jamie, or more specifically your keyboard, ..... your hysterically negative keyboard attitude doesnt help the club at all.  >:(

The current malaise isn't caused by a lack of funding (we have easily enough to compete at this level) its caused by the board appointing the wrong man in Neil Young (from an admittedly weak list) who recruited too many awful players.

The same man incidentally Jamie thought was a great appointment a few weeks ago, just after his previously hysterical attacks on Lee Sinnott. (oh I wish we were back in them days).

Who would have dreamt that anyone with the managerial track record NY had could have made such a monumental mess of things. :-[

It may take a few weeks, but I hope and expect that Jimmy Harvey will get some better players in, get some of our better ones fit and we can climb out of the relegation zone, but there's no doubt that we are now serious relegation candidates unless we improve dramatically.

By Xmas we will know where we stand, this league is far stronger than when we left it as well.

In the meantime, we all just need to stay calm and carry on.

It's caused by the board's ridiculous appointment of Neil Tolson actually and snowballed from there.

Ian J

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:53:27 AM »

I said it on here and I'll say it again because attracting investment shouldnt be as difficult or scary as people make it out to be.

1. Rowley (or G for the rest of this) has said numerous times he can see if its a shyster looking to damage. But not every company or investor is a shyster. So lets not worry about that, shall we?

On that assumption that G protects the club, investment shouldnt be feared. Now to tackle attracting it.

2. So, what can we offer investor. We have atleast 2 USP's to attract an investor. Firstly our record as a giant killer and non league heritage. People love an underdog. I believe an ex sponsor or chairman of the club said that visiting the tottenham et al. Boardroom made the investment and time worth while. Lets wank off this part time and proud message and get people involved who fancy doing something with their lives. The chance to take a club back to the national and then who knows? The chance to live their own Leicester city story.

Communication and PR agencies have a track record of using creativity to outfox budgets and restrctions.

We dont want money out of pity. We want people to come on this journey. It might now be successful but we'll have a bloody good go at it.

Secondly, and from a brand perspective, we have the community aspect. CSR is huge for brands and has been for a while now. Ploughing money to aboid tax in to schemes

3. How do we communicate this? Well, FCUM had a communication agencies chomping at the bit to join them on their PUNK football journey. Theto y didnt want a shirt sponsor, so approached other companies which a box and story book about their adventure. It raised - I believe 90k - all FCUM paid for was their production costs circa 5k. Manchester Jazz festival appointed Danny Turnbull - who lives in Alty and watched Alty in the 90s - as an honoury person of somethinf and got a brand refresh to attract investment.

Appoint a real communications company to tell our story. To explain our past as well as our future. It could help Barry reach more sponsor with a pitch deck or literature to send out. Or even a one off.

Theres two things I know about rich people : the rich like to stay rich and that rich people want things other rich people don't.

Let's use the 2nd one shall we?

Two things a savvy investor won't be interested in. The past does not guarantee the future and "it might not be successful".

The only way you're going to get someone who doesn't care about either of those is a mega-wealthy Altrincham supporter (which I'm guessing we don't have as they would probably have stepped forward by now), or a mega-wealthy businessperson looking to use the club as an elaborate tax write-off scheme for profits generated in their other lines of business i.e. someone who doesn't have the club's best interests at heart and is purely looking at the club for what it can do for them.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »

Just as an aside, this league is way down quality wise from what I've seen so far.

Much weaker.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 11:18:08 AM »

https://youtu.be/LvNZDhcwN94 the word passion is on the perimeter .. a good number of our current squad couldn't be trusted to lace that squads boots
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »

Just as an aside, this league is way down quality wise from what I've seen so far.

Much weaker.

I agree, Fylde apart, that quality is down, however, more teams seem more physically strong and better organised than in the past.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »

Ah stronger in the physical sense.

Stockport were very physical but equally as sh*t as last time round.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »

Ah stronger in the physical sense.

Stockport were very physical but equally as sh*t as last time round.

Yes, they were there for the taking and even in our current state we looked like we might do it for periods of that game. That will tell you enough in itself.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 04:36:14 PM »

We'll piss next season's tinpot league.....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »

I think some people need to temper their expectations. How on earth are we expected to compete with the likes of Coalville town and Belper etc etc

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 06:46:12 PM »

I think some people need to temper their expectations. How on earth are we expected to compete with the likes of Coalville town and Belper etc etc
will we have to stand behind a piece of rope at the grounds ?
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 09:07:02 PM »

Not till we drop into North West Counties.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 09:28:15 PM »

Not till we drop into North West Counties.
We will be fkn hanging from it if that day comes.  :(
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My thoughts...