PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders  (Read 7354 times)

Jacko

Re: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »

Not 100% sure this is on topic. If not appologies. But here goes.
Firstly after performances like reported from last night and even with free tickets it will be difficult to get extra species in.
Most people on this forum are fully commited Alty fans and probably most go to all the games they possibly can, home and away.
I completely understand those who say "thats it no more not going Saturday" etc. I have done it myself in the past but still turned up week after week.
To these people, I say "keep going" because if for some reason you are stopped from going Saturday afternoon becomes long and boring. This I know as now for health reasons I can only go when weather is warm early and late season.
As for increasing attendances unless you are doing reasonably well on the pitch gates will fall. More slowly probably if football at all levels was not so overpriced (the public in general will always pay to watch a successful side at any sport, but if you are below halfway in your league (in football) expect your gates to shrink.
Looking at the table, not a pretty siight, mathematically we can still get out of the mire. If we do or not depends on the fans keeping behind the team and most importantly the players fighting for everything, with all the skill and passion they can muster.

If we go down the gates wil almost certainly nearly half, then we'll have to work on getting new fans in with free ticket schemes etc
I hope we can do it.

bumble

Re: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »

My other thought is People might not come for the football due to us being in the position, But why not highlight one of our games as a cancer awareness game?

Reduce ticket prices, give out free tickets, pack the ground, baloons ect.. have bucket collections, raises awareness of an illness which has affects a lot of families

Do this for a big 6 pointer, im sure the crowd would be bigger if somemoney went to a good cause?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders