PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders  (Read 7356 times)

Jenga

Re: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »

A good marketing idea which has mileage.

Having said this any marketing campaign is only successful if followed up. Giving free tickets itself in my opinion would not increase gates in the long term.

If i do a marketing exercise at work it can take 5, 6 or even more calls and letters to get in through the front door in the first place. So I need to a spreadsheet with all the clients details on it and notes of all calls made.

This exercise will need a similar exercise. Everyone who is given a ticket needs to be provide their name and address for marketing purposes. We then monitor who comes and then post to them a further ticket for £5 entry for the next game or perhaps next two games. Then we offer again at £10.

If we see people attending we will know if the exercise worked or not.

200 season ticket holders = 1000 free tickets costing say £100 to print (probably cheaper).

800 turn up (high as they are free and entry has been discussed) - so we send a letter with cheap tickets at £5 to these 800 plus a further free ticket for a friend.

100 turn up at £5 raising £500 of which 50 bring a friend.

And so on and so on.

If a success we use the money raised to do the exercise again.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:58:56 PM by Jenga »

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »

This marketing idea has been through many, many iterations on a theme in the time i've been reading this forum.

A lot of the time we see the "500 x £15 is better than 1000 x £5" viewpoint...and others (my own point of view) such as "why have 4,000 empty spaces in the ground?" (It's not like it costs extra stewarding as they are volunteers - who yes, are very hard to recruit and do a great job etc etc.)

Member get member is one of the oldest tricks in the book and pretty much every business out there does it in one form or another. (Ch*st...Vodafone even do it to me on a monthly basis...by offering me another line!!!)

The undeniable fact of the matter with this perennial idea, is that purely and simply...nobody is prepared to physically do it.

There's enough of us on this forum that claim to be "marketing savvy"...(Apart from Jenga with his £100 to print 1000 tickets! Ha ha ha ;D )...but evidently not savvy enough to realise that this project should not fail to increase crowds...and...based on a lot of volunteer effort and minimal costs in terms of print etc...return a positive ROI.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:04:02 PM by RedWhiteRedWhite »

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 06:24:55 PM »

There's enough of us on this forum that claim to be "marketing savvy"...(Apart from Jenga with his £100 to print 1000 tickets! Ha ha ha ;D )...but evidently not savvy enough to realise that this project should not fail to increase crowds...and...based on a lot of volunteer effort and minimal costs in terms of print etc...return a positive ROI.

Sorry pal - excuse me for not knowing how much 1000 tickets cost. In the same token I dont know if 800 people out of a 1000 would turn up. Figures are examples only, I would have expected you would have appreciated that but obviously not.

Oh well next time I will contact a printers and get an accurate cost.

Or of course we could write on a piece of paper for £5 - i apologies if this figure is not correct either.

I am sure most people got the idea rather than focusing on one figure and pulling it apart.

Once again please accept my apologies for my inaccuracies.

;D

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »

Sorry pal - excuse me for not knowing how much 1000 tickets cost. In the same token I dont know if 800 people out of a 1000 would turn up. Figures are examples only, I would have expected you would have appreciated that but obviously not.

Or of course we could write on a piece of paper for £5 - i apologies if this figure is not correct either.

I am sure most people got the idea rather than focusing on one figure and pulling it apart.

;D

Another fine example of the arsey-ness of this forum which renders all useful ideas worthless. Last time I checked "ha ha ha" could be construed to be in jest ffs. The "pulling apart" bit was quite clearly the fact that actions speak louder than words...hope you've recovered from such a terrible public chastisement.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:39:54 PM by RedWhiteRedWhite »

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 07:04:17 PM »

;D

Another fine example of the arsey-ness of this forum which renders all useful ideas worthless. Last time I checked "ha ha ha" could be construed to be in jest ffs. The "pulling apart" bit was quite clearly the fact that actions speak louder than words...hope you've recovered from such a terrible public chastisement.

Maybe you should come up with some ideas instead of ridiculing other peoples. You have not offered anything constructive apart from saying no one will do it. Well done.

Arsey yes i am because i put some effort in offering some ideas which were asked for in the initial thread. Rendering ideas worthless is exactly what you did to my post and everyone else who offered constructive help and ideas.

Jacko

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »

I've done a little experiment tonight. As my mate's not coming decided to offer his season ticket to someone for the game (someone who otherwise wouldn't come, so I don't feel it's cheating the club out of money). I've asked around, and no one's the slightest bit interested. People just think it's crap park football or something, so looks like it'll be unused tonight. It's a real shame that people won't even give it a go for free.

I didn't think there's anything wrong with doing this by the way, but if it is really out of order then I won't try again.
This is exactly my point,dont get me wrong no idea is a bad idea if it involves gaining fans but we have to get them young and to do that its schools etc, i know louis who runs the utd soccer schools he said he would give tickets out to the hundreds of kids he trains in the close season when they are football starved and that is when we can catch them!! i will be there to pass them on in june for the freindlies set up

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »

;D

Maybe you should come up with some ideas instead of ridiculing other peoples. You have not offered anything constructive apart from saying no one will do it. Well done.

Arsey yes i am because i put some effort in offering some ideas which were asked for in the initial thread. Rendering ideas worthless is exactly what you did to my post and everyone else who offered constructive help and ideas.

Ready and willing to offer ideas as well as praise others Jengy...here's but a few of my contributions...all of which have been part of colaborative ideas from other forum users...none of which have ever got further than the forum.

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11813.msg132295#msg132295
http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11535.msg127739#msg127739
http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11404.msg125994#msg125994

Perhaps i'm guilty of a little sceptisim, but what you consider ridicule is nothing more than a frustration at very easily implemented missed opportunities. Nicky Clee's Clicky Knee has an idea right there that should be snapped up as part of Ecky's initial post...reckon it'll happen???

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 10:23:37 PM »

Couple the idea of free entry with an appeal in the media that we want to break our record conference attendance of 3000 (ahem) ,thats stood since 1991

Hypothetical question, if Saturdays game was free to everyone, and, had been advertised properly in the local paper - what do you think the attendance would be?

Personally, I think we would struggle to get a gate over 1,500 for a game of this magnitude regardless of the price or how well advertised it was. I know it's hard for core fans to accept, but the average person on the street just isn't interested in watching non-league football.

GoneFishing

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 11:22:20 PM »

My boys sometimes go to a nightclub in Manchester. The admission price goes up if you arrive after 11pm. They do this to encourage people to get there early so they spend money in the club rather than local pubs. This idea could be applied to football. Instead of giving free tickets to schools why not get the schools to join a league and play the games at Altrincham before league games. Each kid will probably bring family to support them so charge a fee of maybe £5 for anyone arriving before 1pm. Kick off at 1.30 and play 20 minutes each half with a ten minute break so the game will be finished by 2.20. This will make the kids feel part of it and increase food/ale takings. You could get some cheap publicity by offering a trophy for the champions and getting some T-shirts printed to advertise it. Contact the local papers and try to get it mentioned on Granada Reports or that Manchester cable channel (if it still exists)

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:58 AM »

The idea is good Ecky - but if anyone had turned up at tonight's debacle they'd have never bothered again.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 12:22:31 AM »

Personally I can't understand why 9,000 Crawley gloryhunters would pay £41 to watch a game of football at OT when they can watch a game at Moss Lane for £13.
They really should be beating teams like us

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »

Personally I can't understand why 9,000 Crawley gloryhunters would pay £41 to watch a game of football at OT when they can watch a game at Moss Lane for £13.
£41 to be tonked, £13 to hand out a tonking ? They're weirdoes.

seasonticket

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 09:53:22 AM »

Not 100% sure this is on topic. If not appologies. But here goes.
Firstly after performances like reported from last night and even with free tickets it will be difficult to get extra species in.
Most people on this forum are fully commited Alty fans and probably most go to all the games they possibly can, home and away.
I completely understand those who say "thats it no more not going Saturday" etc. I have done it myself in the past but still turned up week after week.
To these people, I say "keep going" because if for some reason you are stopped from going Saturday afternoon becomes long and boring. This I know as now for health reasons I can only go when weather is warm early and late season.
As for increasing attendances unless you are doing reasonably well on the pitch gates will fall. More slowly probably if football at all levels was not so overpriced (the public in general will always pay to watch a successful side at any sport, but if you are below halfway in your league (in football) expect your gates to shrink.
Looking at the table, not a pretty siight, mathematically we can still get out of the mire. If we do or not depends on the fans keeping behind the team and most importantly the players fighting for everything, with all the skill and passion they can muster.
I hope we can do it.

fuertes

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »

Firstly after performances like reported from last night and even with free tickets it will be difficult to get extra species in.

You're right, I can't imagine many gorillas or pandas fancying coming down to see us lose 0-3 to fellow strugglers  ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »

The idea is good Ecky - but if anyone had turned up at tonight's debacle they'd have never bothered again.

We could round them up SS Style and march them to the ground  ;) :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders