PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders  (Read 7355 times)

markecky

« on: February 15, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »

Thoughts on this please.

An idea I have always harboured is for the club to choose a match and send every season ticket holder five free tickets for that game.   With a letter asking them to give them to people who have not been before or would they think would like it if they tried it. 

This would make the "Come and watch Alty" debate a lot easier to have if you could hand them a ticket.  Some of them will spend money while there are here as well.

When they present this ticket on the turnstile they are presented with a ticket to get into the next home game for a tenner to encourage continuity.

The only potential downside I can see is if a season ticket holder gives the ticket to someone who would have otherwise paid.  I have a controversial viewpoint on this in that if you do that you shoiuld be ashamed of yourself as you are directly costing YOUR own club money.  I would hope that this wouldn't happen.

Interested to hear others views on this..

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Giving Tickets to Season Tickets Holders
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »

A game like tonight,which is traditionally one of our worst gates of the season should have been free entry for the first 6100 through the gates (obviously it would be no where near that sort of crowd) have donation buckets doing the rounds,and give everyone that attends a voucher to get in for a tenner on saturday to see if they come back.season ticket holders could be compensated in some way,but i bet doing that would generate more money than a gate of 550....got to take a gamble sometimes

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:46:31 PM »

I think the idea has mileage in it Mark... I think most season ticket holders care enough about the club and  wouldnt abuse the offer and genuinely give the tickets to people who havent witnessed the ALTY experience before..

Good Idea

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »

Couple the idea of free entry with  an appeal in the media that we want to break our record conference attendance of 3000 (ahem) ,thats stood since 1991

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »

I'm a season ticket holder and would definitely try to use this to good effect, I think it's a brilliant idea

markecky

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »

A game like tonight,which is traditionally one of our worst gates of the season should have been free entry for the first 6100 through the gates (obviously it would be no where near that sort of crowd) have donation buckets doing the rounds,and give everyone that attends a voucher to get in for a tenner on saturday to see if they come back.season ticket holders could be compensated in some way,but i bet doing that would generate more money than a gate of 550....got to take a gamble sometimes

Get your own thread and answer my question..good idea?  ;)

bumble

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »

LCCC do this - however they print it in the booklet

As said above, I'm sure most seasonticket holders care enough about the club not to give it to a regular

I think if its done for a specific day then it should be a game toward the start or end of the season when the weathers warmer - coupled with a publicity boost

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »

IMO i think apart from giving free tickets away to schools we are banging are heads against the wall especially with are league position,

the best thing anyone can do is to keep twisting local businesses arms to get them to sponsor us via a hoarding or in the programme, i did it for 2 months while i had a p/t job and got a bit of money for us

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 03:31:55 PM »

Get your own thread and answer my question..good idea?  ;)

"Member get member" Mark?  ;)

markecky

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

IMO i think apart from giving free tickets away to schools we are banging are heads against the wall especially with are league position,

the best thing anyone can do is to keep twisting local businesses arms to get them to sponsor us via a hoarding or in the programme, i did it for 2 months while i had a p/t job and got a bit of money for us

Very surprised you disagree with this Jacko.  I agree that its hard to get people to come in our curret position but its a damn sight easy when you can give them a free ticket.

Someone with the chat you have got could give out 100 free tickets and get people to come I am sure.

I know I could shift five at work for people who are supposedly City or United fans but never go near a match.

I know that when they got down a realised that such a thing as real Alty fans existed, saw families with scarves and people singing and getting an atmosphere going they would realise we do actually have something here.  And they would have a wander around and maybe a pint and like it.

However me just telling them to come and see wouldn't work.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

I think it is a great idea and worth raising with the club. Even if the odd ticket ends up in the hand of someone who would've paid it will still bring new faces into the ground. I know it's not quite the same but my lad is now a Fulham season ticket holder. They play Bolton or Wigan in the cup on Sunday, he can buy himself and up to 6 mates a ticket for a quid each. This game would not normally sell out. He is taking 4 mates along, three of which have never seen a live game.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 03:44:17 PM »

This is an excellent idea, there is always someone in my office saying "I'll have to come down to Alty sometime" but of course when they ask how much it is I get the 'shocked' face and they invariably don't come down...

Something like this would give them the chance to see for themselves, and if they don't enjoy it fair enough its money in the bar and snakcbar, but if they do... could just gain ourselves a few fans.

bumble

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »

Question on the free kids tickets - is it just altrincham and timperley schools they get targetted? are sale, sale moor ect.. not targetted? - i live with in walk distance of about 6 primary schools in sale moor

there are 15 secondary schools  and 65 primary schools in trafford - surely lower secondary schools could be targgeted - even if we just target ones with fans already in the school

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »

Very surprised you disagree with this Jacko.  I agree that its hard to get people to come in our curret position but its a damn sight easy when you can give them a free ticket.

Someone with the chat you have got could give out 100 free tickets and get people to come I am sure.

I know I could shift five at work for people who are supposedly City or United fans but never go near a match.

I know that when they got down a realised that such a thing as real Alty fans existed, saw families with scarves and people singing and getting an atmosphere going they would realise we do actually have something here.  And they would have a wander around and maybe a pint and like it.

However me just telling them to come and see wouldn't work.
I know it sounds a bit negative of me but i have and do post the alty game as my status all the time but know that people overlook it becuese its non league football,same with face to face, sad state of affairs but if we can get results then thats the only way new fans will want to come,However start of the season the sun is out Luton town at home alty top of the table now thats when the free tickets will work!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team