News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sign of desperation?

Author Topic: sign of desperation?  (Read 3472 times)

Alex

sign of desperation?
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »

i mean from turnstile operator to 1st team manager  :o :o :o

http://www.fisherathletic.co.uk/news_detail.php?ID=348

i say good luck to her, just hope the hecklers (if there are any) are at least original and tastful.

baldrick

Re: sign of desperation?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:59:35 PM »

She is not really the manager. It is just a money making idea. She bid £500 to manage the team for one game.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=5704&headline=Fish's%20female%20boss%20ready%20for%20challenge

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »

Its a bit of a farce. Talk about undermining the manager. They arent far off relegation, it will cost them a lot more than 500 quid if they go down, maybe they should take their football a bit more seriously.

Id rather just give 500 quid to alty than get to manage for a game as well. I dont want a heavy defeat on my conscience.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »

Didn't Dave Pace have his tea lady in charge of team matters for some game once?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »

Didn't Dave Pace have his tea lady in charge of team matters for some game once?

Pace IS the tea lady :)

back to Fisher..
I would guarantee 99.9% that she wont be exactly 'in charge', and the manager (if they have on) will no doubt be making the decisions, gets them a bit o0f publicity I suppose.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »

Nothing against her, like you say she's trying to raise money and awareness. However, the situation is really embarrassing. I'd hate to see it at Alty.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:57 PM »

Fisher are in dire financial straits, at their Xmas fixture they were unable to even produce a programme. AFC Wimbledon's supporters association bailed them out by producing one for them. They have no ground, their groundshare may be coming to an end, and gates that make Vauxhall Motors look well supported.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »

What they need is someone from that area of London with a lot of cash he wants to launder to come and offer them assistance.....

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:26:36 PM »

One was called Stella Quinn, the other always escapes me. Anyone?

IIRC they were in charge for a Manchester Cup game.

If you remember the Bloods won the Manchester Cup, Alty on the other hand have been to Wembley, 3 times.....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »

What they need is someone from that area of London with a lot of cash he wants to launder to come and offer them assistance.....
It is well known in South London that they are owned and used by the Arif family, a bunch of Turkish drug dealers, gun runners, armed robbers and contract killers. In the late 80's their chairman Dogan Arif was sentenced to 14 years for smuggling.

penfold

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »

Its a bit of a farce. Talk about undermining the manager. They arent far off relegation, it will cost them a lot more than 500 quid if they go down,

Far off relegation, they are right in it! They are second to bottom on 14 points, the team above are on 27 point, if they get out of that one i will be suprised. They were a decent outfit last year who were pushing for promotion, shows you how the space of 12 months can virtually kill off a side.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 12:41:08 AM »

It is well known in South London that they are owned and used by the Arif family, a bunch of Turkish drug dealers, gun runners, armed robbers and contract killers. In the late 80's their chairman Dogan Arif was sentenced to 14 years for smuggling.

Er, well, yes...thanks for blurting out what legally I thought I couldn't say, only allude to... :D

baldrick

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »

They lost 2-1
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 sign of desperation?