Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)  (Read 7676 times)

Longman

Re: STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 01:30:53 PM »

Best moment for me was when, after a late tackle on him, Kevin Street got up and shouted "YOU F*CKING SH*THOUSE" at one of their players!

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he a practising priest?  ;D

ok, i think he is in training to become a priest, i don't think he has his preisthood license yet. Otherwise he would miss saturday games to do weddings and stuff

Yeah but even so, I found it highly amusing that someone who wants to become a priest was screaming "YOU F*CKING SH*THOUSE" at people!  ;D

Longman

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 01:32:24 PM »

Also I agree with the previous post, Robbie Lawton was OUTSTANDING!

Is Street going to be captain this season?  My vote is defo with Robbie, leads by example and never gives up.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »

Thanks for the usual hospitality yesterday, it was a cracking day out in Stalybridge, which had a lot more going for it as a place than I expected.

As for the match I thought that both sides were poor in the first half and wasn't particularly impressed with the supposedly "much improved" Alty side - disappointing that Meechan got injured and that Lee Elam didn't show a bit more. Gave him a little jibe about "£500 a week for that?" when he crossed from a good position onto the terrace instead of into the box, apologies for that, I have a poor level of self-control!

Second half was a different story from an Alty point of view and, while Stalybridge were absolutely abject, the introduction of Joe O'Neill (hooray!), Chris Senior (boo!) and this new lad Johnson changed the whole outlook and generally the team lifted the level way beyond poor old Staly.

My prediction is bottom half from Alty this season, but nowhere near relegation. That said, it's only one game, so I'm probably talking bollocks.

I notice that a Barrow player was really badly injured yesterday at Kendal and obviously yesterday Meechan had to be helped off and Greg Young's face was a bit of a mess - you have to wonder if friendlies against lesser "rival" opposition are a good idea? It's good preparation I suppose but it seems to come at a high price. If it was up to me I would organise friendlies against fellow BSP teams so that both have an equal amount to gain and to lose by playing.

Cheers anyway, good luck for the start of the season.

dopamine

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 06:21:51 PM »

Chris Senior (boo!)

Why the boo??? He's a (tiny) legend  ;D  Don't get many strikers who'll score 9 in 4, even against the likes of Abbey Hey/Trafford/Staylybrige/FC Utd...

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

Why the boo??? He's a (tiny) legend  ;D  Don't get many strikers who'll score 9 in 4, even against the likes of Abbey Hey/Trafford/Staylybrige/FC Utd...

January 2nd 2004
York City 0 Scarborough 2 (Senior 85, Hackworth 90)

That's why the "boo!".

Longman

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

January 2nd 2004
York City 0 Scarborough 2 (Senior 85, Hackworth 90)

That's why the "boo!".

I'll let you off, as you are clearly a New Order fan.  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »

January 2nd 2004
York City 0 Scarborough 2 (Senior 85 followed by v sign to York supporters, Hackworth 90)

That's why the "boo!".

Context Phillip, context.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)