Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)  (Read 7675 times)

AHendersonUK

« on: July 26, 2008, 04:43:51 PM »

Denham, Little and Johnson.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 0 vs. ALTRINCHAM 3 (FINAL)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

On paper a good result. I wonder how the defense played?

We appear to have good options upfront? ;D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:45:09 PM »

On paper a good result. I wonder how the defense played?

We appear to have good options upfront? ;D
Defence was okay till one went of injured i think it was Young (cut lip) bit shakey after that still don't rate the keeper coates doesn't command his area. Plus points Elam looked good Street was captain and put in a good performance and not so good Meechan off injured.
Probably got all of the above wrong and realised it was the sun going to my head.
@AltyDaz

AHendersonUK

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »

It was Young who went to hospital with a split lip and again your right in saying it was Meechan off with an ankle injury.  Not quite as bad as Aston Villa's Bouma who has just broken/dislocated his ankle vs. Odense BK.  Shown live on Setanta.  Looked painful.

Longman

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »

Best moment for me was when, after a late tackle on him, Kevin Street got up and shouted "YOU F*CKING SH*THOUSE" at one of their players!

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he a practising priest?  ;D

AHendersonUK

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »

Aston Villa's Bouma who has just broken/dislocated his ankle vs. Odense BK.  Shown live on Setanta.  Looked painful.
Confirmed as a dislocation if your interested.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 07:43:26 PM »

I was impressed.

Staly were 90 mins away from our league in May yet the gulf between the 2 sides was huge. Agreed our keeper looked dodgy but he didn't have a shot to save.

Denham ran them ragged, his persistence got the first goal, Little's finish for the 2nd was quality too. Johnson when he came on appears to be the target man we've been looking for. I know all the caveats about it only being pre-season but that is comfortbaly the best Altrincham team I've seen since we got promoted.

joe

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »

Either Stalybridge were way below par or the gap between Blue Square Premier and Blue Square North is bigger than ever! A very comfortable win where Alty controlled the game from start to finish and never really looked like conceding even with Coates in net who looks a a bit on the dodgy side. A special mention to daycare dan for wearing that t shirt that forced me to explain to my 5 year old son that f*ck is not a word he should be repeating!

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 08:27:17 PM »

I'm going to switch churches! Where is he?

JockRobin

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

Robbie Lawton was OUTSTANDING all game; Street, Denham, Little & Young were top drawer too. We all know what Elam will do when up to speed with a few games under his belt. Seeing him there today was like that night years ago when we all walked into ML to find we had landed Keith Russell. (Hope it doesn`t end the same way! ugg)

StalyVagas was a great venue for this friendly & am really chuffed I made the journey over from the Principality. Same again next year please , even if we do go straight up!!

Give the sprog keeper a break lads - Cote is only giving him his fledgling wings and we need our cover to be tried & tested, Coby back for normal service i`m sure for the start of the BSP. Pre & post game the squad seemed to have a good banter as GB put them through their paces a little. Ps: Elams roots may need touching up me thinks before going on Setanta!

Looking very decent though - free moving and keen to break forward at every opportunity - fingas etc crossed! - though it will be very interesting to see how they fair against Bradford. Blackburn, may end up as damage limitation but will no doubt give the cofferes a little boost.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »

Still think we need another centre back when yong went off we found it hard would struggle with any tall strikers

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 01:55:45 AM »

Best moment for me was when, after a late tackle on him, Kevin Street got up and shouted "YOU F*CKING SH*THOUSE" at one of their players!

ok, i think he is in training to become a priest, i don't think he has his preisthood license yet. Otherwise he would miss saturday games to do weddings and stuff

Daycare Dan

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:09 AM »

A special mention to daycare dan for wearing that t shirt that forced me to explain to my 5 year old son that f*ck is not a word he should be repeating!

Trust me to lower the tone of the day.

Bazbatteria

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 10:41:46 AM »

Top ground that Bower Fold, very tidy.

I thought the lad Macgregor looked pretty good, another decent defensive option.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »

Give the sprog keeper a break lads - Cote is only giving him his fledgling wings and we need our cover to be tried & tested, Coby back for normal service i`m sure for the start of the BSP.

It would appear from the official site that GH has decided to sign Andy Ralph rather than James Coates as back up.

27 July 2008
SECOND KEEPER
Altrincham FC's second keeper, to compete with Stuart Coburn, will be Andy Ralph, the former Vauxhall Motors and Northwich Vics number one.
Manager Graham Heathcote has also indicated that he hopes to be making an outfield signing tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team