* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team

Author Topic: NEWBIE  (Read 5674 times)

AHendersonUK

« on: July 24, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

I've been a part time Alty fan since 2005/06 but want to get more into it this season.  I think my first Alty game was away at Trafford prior to the start of the 2005/06 season.  A game we won late on.  I got a season ticket that season and won a pair the season after.  Due to work though, I couldnt get to many games.  I was a patron, friend of the club and sponsored a seat for 5 years and even bought a lifetime STAR membership.  I bought home and away shirts and Grahame Rowley even got the boys to sign one at the end of the season for me.  Hey, I even have about £20 worth of shares :)

So, give me the low-down guys.  Rivalries?  Historic moments?  Best players?  Has no one ever wanted to write a history of Altrincham FC?  Am I not right in thinking Alty are the most famous non-league team club in the World???

markecky

Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »

Using my admin powers I can see who you are from your email adress..I won't tell but welcome aboard mate. 

Will be good to see you at some more games next year.

if you are serious about stewarding then do speak to Darren..sure he will welcome you.

As for a potted guide.  You just need to really get hating everything that is green mate...Northwich Vics would be a great start.

AHendersonUK

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:17:07 AM »

if you are serious about stewarding then do speak to Darren..sure he will welcome you.

Already spoke to him :) Week games are an issue because of work but I might do the Saturday's.  We'll see what happens.  I’m sure I'll be at the games regardless.

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »

So, give me the low-down guys.  Rivalries?  Historic moments?  Best players?  Has no one ever wanted to write a history of Altrincham FC?  Am I not right in thinking Alty are the most famous non-league team club in the World???

Daryl Clare always scores against us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »

Am I not right in thinking Alty are the most famous non-league team club in the World???

That's one of the things you'll have to learn now Mr H, We used to be - but now that accolade belongs to FCUM! (esp according to the M.E.N.)*  :D :D :D :D

* Irony/Sarcasm filters overridden
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:10:44 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alex

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »

not always (he didn't this year), but yeah:

1. hatered of M*cc and V*cs is a must
2. Remember everyones is against us
3. Daryl Clare is a mercenary B@stard who should stick to tarmacking driveways
4. Lee Elam has a big nose and should be reminded of this fact as you inform him he is a money grabbing B@stard
5. Wayne has had every goalkeepers mum who sells crack at a shnide deal.

the rest you sort of pick up as you go along

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 12:28:02 PM »

4. Lee Elam has a big nose and should be reminded of this fact as you inform him he is a money grabbing B@stard

Lee elam stays in this league to spite  us Fact!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »

Lee elam stays in this league to spite  us Fact!

Ha ha .. yes i do have a bit of an attraction to the keepers mums and always nip into the local Market when visiting there town. ;D
ParkINson's red and white army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:30 PM »

I thought that Daryl Clare scored Burton Albion's 90th minute winning goal against Alty back in April of this year?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burton Albion 2-1 Altrincham
Harrad 68             Young 81
Brayford 90
                              Bookings:
                              Tansey 70

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burton Albion 2-1 Altrincham
Harrad 68             Young 81
Brayford 90
                              Bookings:
                              Tansey 70

The Burton Albion site disagrees with you:

http://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/match_report_0708.asp?rfUID=155

And, more to the point, so does John Laidlar in his report of the match......and he is never wrong!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alex

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »

well we have to disagree as the OFFICIAL blue sq site disagrees with you and so does the beeb (but the bbc doesn't count in my argument ;))

taken from http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,5892_3401743,00.html

"Burton 2-1 Altrincham
There was plenty of late drama at the Pirelli Stadium as John Brayford's stoppage time winner ensured that Burton ran out winners against Altrincham - a result that hoisted the hosts back into the Blue Square Premier play-off spots.
Burton were in charge for most of the game but a resilient Altrincham defence proved hard to break down.
The breakthrough eventually came midway through the second half when Shaun Harrad fired home from 20-yards out to give Burton a well-deserved lead.
But the celebrations proved somewhat premature as Altrincham leveled from a rare forward foray.
Richard Battersby set up Greg Young on the edge of the box and he fired home to put things all-square.
The game ended in high drama when Brayford headed past Stuart Coburn from John McGrath's expertly delivered corner, sending the home fans into rapture and re-igniting their dormant promotion hopes..

Burton Albion bookings: None

Altrincham bookings: Tansey.

Attendance: 1,295.

Referee: J Waugh (Sheffield). "

and i was there with Swayin' Dave and if Clare had scored the winner he'd still be ranting and raving about it

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »

Lee Elam is now at Alty ... FACT - have to love him.....
The new Phil Power  ;D

Brewster

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »

Not sure how to break this to you guys but, Daryl Clare DID score the winner at our place against you in the 92nd minute last season.

I am the website editorfor BAFC and I got to see the video afterwards, which Press Association didnt and it was definitely Daryl that got it, not Brayford.

Just to cheer you guys up like! :P Sorry!!!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team