PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wasted two points
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wasted two points  (Read 11339 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Wasted two points
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »

It occurrs to me that GH is always going to pick a team in the best interests of a good result for Alty. He will have his reasons for not picking Logan from the start and I think we should have faith in him (I'm not talking blind faith), but GH is the man with experience.

teasybeaver

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »

yep, that wins it then Ecky, Joe starts every game!! Maybe we start with Logan, go at teams 4th from bottom,  and hey maybe get a lead, then play the likes Joe towards the end if players arent fit, being a part time team an all !! Oh sorry thats not right is it, lets keep decent players on the bench. Forgot your the expert on team selection too!!

So you really think Joes the way forward then?? anyone else agree with that???? please god tell me you dont !! never have i seen a player so off the ball and who doesnt do anything for the team!!

This is quite a shame really.

le bignose

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »

why a shame?? an opinion obviously i would have said but then there is the click on this site as well and i know certain people shouldnt be questioned on there views and beliefs ......... thats a shame!!

People have there own opinions and it wasnt long ago GH was under scrutiny about his position in a big way (even the chairman had to speak up about it if we remember!!!), so having ago at Joe isnt anything new on this forum so people need to wise upto that!!

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »

why a shame?? an opinion obviously i would have said but then there is the click on this site as well and i know certain people shouldnt be questioned on there views and beliefs ......... thats a shame!!

Alas, I know someone who stopped posting on this site for that self same reason.

Alex

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »

for the record i am happy for people to express there opinions about alty if we all had the same views it would be quite boring. it's just people who didn't go last night seems to be blaming o'niell and as good as the messinger and bbc updates are they don't truely tell you how a player played and joe last night was not the worst player on the pitch infact when he moved upfront and off the wing he looked like scoring, so my issue with your post was that you are slating joe without even seening him play last night now tell me thats fair.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »

Alas, I know someone who stopped posting on this site for that self same reason.

If that's true (and I don't doubt you for a second) that is very sad indeed.

I think that there is a wide range of opinions on here and whilst I agree with most, disagree with some and consider the odd poster a bit of a knob, I think the forum should be big enough for everyone with Alty at heart.

Because, let's face it, that's what it's all about isn't it? We all have something in common - we all love Alty.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »

Can you clarify when you say say that certain people shouldn't be questioned.  Do you mean club people or people who post on here?

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »

logan is a threat to players in this league that isn't the argument but in truth to anyone who has seen him play away from moss lane he looks a compleatly diffrent player if he starts (i don't know why this is but having seen every game it is the conclusion that i and others and even GH has come to) now farsley last night was a horride pitch because of the constant heavy downpour  that didn't let up (now logan has trouble enough staying on his feet on a dry pitch so most of us joked that on this one he would have no chance) in truth last night joe only looked out of sorts when he was on the wing but oonce he was upfront looked the most likely to score our second with only OUTSTANDING GOALKEEPING / DEFENSIVE HEROICS preventing the ball from crossing the line. last night was just one of those games where you have a million and 1 chances and nothing will go in for you (like aldershot at home last year we dominated them and had loads of shots on target and the game ended 0-0) and considering in the first half with reeves looking like he was going to score every time they played a ball over the top i was not extatic with 1 point but if someone had offered me 4 pts from these two games i would have taken it. the only issue i have with last nights performance was this new tactic of passing it around the back four when breaking up an attack rather than clearing it (the issue i have with this is that if we keep doing it in tight games i will have a heart attack  ;))

and £52, eh? ;)

teasybeaver

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »

People have there own opinions and it wasnt long ago GH was under scrutiny about his position in a big way (even the chairman had to speak up about it if we remember!!!), so having ago at Joe isnt anything new on this forum so people need to wise upto that!!

Before you curl up further into a defensive shell I will point out that I agree that there is a certain stigma on this forum that some people think that the opinions of what you call the 'click' can't be touched. I have been ridiculed by people on the forum for having certain views or for ranting against management decisions or even members of the club, trust and other officials, but I can live with that, I do my research.

You are free to post your opinions and free to slate players, although I prefer to slate their selection when necessary.

However, it is a great shame that you have still failed to notice that your opinions on this thread count for nothing because your whole argument about Joe O'Neill is utter rubbish.

HE DID NOT START, HE WAS A SUB WITH LOGAN! If you want to challenge people who were at the game when you weren't I suggest you do your research. The worst bit is, I suspect there are at least 3 people on this thread who didnt even check the team sheets before posting.

It really really is quite a shame!

baldrick

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »

The attendance was ridiculous for a game of this importance. Does anyone want to back my campaign for an end to evening kick offs? If games must be played midweek why not kick off at 3pm? A freezing cold dark night in Yorkshire has no appeal for me.

Hamilton

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »

There are not enough Saturdays and 3pm on a Tuesday will have an even smaller attendance.

Alex

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 12:37:48 PM »

The attendance was ridiculous for a game of this importance. Does anyone want to back my campaign for an end to evening kick offs? If games must be played midweek why not kick off at 3pm? A freezing cold dark night in Yorkshire has no appeal for me.

to be fair most floating farsley fans are probably leeds fans too and they were at home yesterday in the fa cup.

teasybeaver

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »

Bizarre!

baldrick

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »

I'm not so sure about that Hamilton. I remember back in the 70's Arsenal played a midweek game against Derby at 3pm due to power cuts. The attendance was 5,000 up on their average. Nowadays the traditional 9-5 working hours are becoming less popular as we move towards a 24 hour society. Barrow for example would certainly have taken a lot more supporters to Bournemouth if the game had been played at 3pm

Alex

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 12:42:29 PM »

logan is a threat to players in this league that isn't the argument but in truth to anyone who has seen him play away from moss lane he looks a compleatly diffrent player if he starts (i don't know why this is but having seen every game it is the conclusion that i and others and even GH has come to) now farsley last night was a horride pitch because of the constant heavy downpour  that didn't let up (now logan has trouble enough staying on his feet on a dry pitch so most of us joked that on this one he would have no chance) in truth last night joe only looked out of sorts when he was on the wing but oonce he was upfront looked the most likely to score our second with only OUTSTANDING GOALKEEPING / DEFENSIVE HEROICS preventing the ball from crossing the line. last night was just one of those games where you have a million and 1 chances and nothing will go in for you (like aldershot at home last year we dominated them and had loads of shots on target and the game ended 0-0) and considering in the first half with reeves looking like he was going to score every time they played a ball over the top i was not extatic with 1 point but if someone had offered me 4 pts from these two games i would have taken it. the only issue i have with last nights performance was this new tactic of passing it around the back four when breaking up an attack rather than clearing it (the issue i have with this is that if we keep doing it in tight games i will have a heart attack  ;))

and £52, eh? ;)

yes that was nice too  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wasted two points