News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Four Points

Author Topic: Four Points  (Read 2882 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Four Points
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »

I think that a further 4 points would see us safe.

With the next two games being Lewes and Eastbourne I'm fully expecting to be relaxed come 10:00pm Tuesday night. I can then enjoy the last five games (including a bank holiday Monday in Wales and a final day on the lash in Cambridge) without my heart being in my mouth.

PS. How did Wilkinson play on Tuesday?
Full time and proud of it

markecky

Re: Four Points
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »

He was everything York said he was...

I reckon three will do it...Weymouth will drop like a stone on purpose I think and then its a fight between Woking and Grays..

Alex

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:30 PM »

is it ever going to be not 4 points? people have been saying this for weeks, and we have managed to pick up a point against crawley and a win against weymouth since i first heard someone say it, i rekon if we win on saturday we are realistically safe, considering woking appear to be preparing for a life in the bss and weyouth won't win another game all season.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »

I believe we've got enough points now to stay in front of Weymouth, Woking and the 2 already down.

But we'll get another half dozen by the end at least. If we can reach the best total since we came back up, that'll do for me.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »

I believe we've got enough points now to stay in front of Weymouth, Woking and the 2 already down.

But we'll get another half dozen by the end at least. If we can reach the best total since we came back up, that'll do for me.

Well we already know that Vics & Lewes cannot catch us..........but there is always a chance that Weymouth and Woking will if we don't put this to bed over the next two games ......Ridley at Weymouth is still making big noises about staying in the BSP and Woking acquire 'new manager syndrome' from today.......no panic, but it would be great to have 53 points by Tuesday !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:50:52 AM »

We need to finish with another couple of wins as not only do we need the points, but a positive end to this season will give us a benchmark and springboard for an even more successful campagne next season so the club can continue to move forward.
I will be very disappointed if we dont beat Lewes - I view it as a similar situation to when we played at St Albans at the end of the season before last.

seasonticket

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »

Please, please,please, please, let's not go into Saturdays game over confident of winning. We don't want this to be the game that comes back to haunt us. Just get three points any way we can. A stuffy 1-0, with a disputed controversial last minute winner will do for me, if not my nerves.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »

I think we will beat a tired Eastbourne side with little to play for on Tuesday...I have erased Kingstonian from my mind..

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »

We need to finish with another couple of wins as not only do we need the points, but a positive end to this season will give us a benchmark and springboard for an even more successful campagne next season so the club can continue to move forward.
I will be very disappointed if we dont beat Lewes - I view it as a similar situation to when we played at St Albans at the end of the season before last.

Is that shorthand for a champagne campaign?  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 02:01:48 PM »

Over the last 24 hours I've developed a really bad feeling we're going to lose tomorrow; something about expecting an Alty win away from home doesn't feel right.

I do, however, agree with Ecky and expect three points against Eastbourne. With United at OT and on TV I'm expecting the worst crowd of the season yet. Even though I follow United too, I'll be at Moss Lane giving the lads the necessary support. Win that one and it's a relaxed run-in.

Come on Alty (and prove me wrong tomorrow!)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »

Over the last 24 hours I've developed a really bad feeling we're going to lose tomorrow; something about expecting an Alty win away from home doesn't feel right.

I do, however, agree with Ecky and expect three points against Eastbourne. With United at OT and on TV I'm expecting the worst crowd of the season yet. Even though I follow United too, I'll be at Moss Lane giving the lads the necessary support. Win that one and it's a relaxed run-in.

Come on Alty (and prove me wrong tomorrow!)

That can't be a factor. If anything it's the other way round. Martin Edwards once voted against us getting into the league because he didn't want a nearby club affecting the OT gates.*

* To coin a Confguideism, FACT

markecky

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 02:36:37 PM »

Eastbourne crowd will be 697...and those that don't come will miss a great night

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »

It would be typical of Alty to end two record breaking streaks:

Burton: number of consecutive wins
Lewes: number of consecutive defeats

I wouldn't be at all surprised

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile