PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Saturday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Team for Saturday  (Read 4874 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Team for Saturday
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:37:07 PM »

Coburn

Battersby
McGregor
Young
Peyton

Denham
Street
Danylyk
Senior

Johnson
Little

Football's all about opinions and thats mine, hard not to start O'Neill but after that simple.
Full time and proud of it

altyf

Re: Team for Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »

Right I'm going to be ambitious this week...GH won't even think about this formation (that's not having a go at him, he just won't) but as you say, it's all about opinions:

Coburn

Battersby                             McGregor                         Young                     Tierney

Danylyk

Denham                                                                                                        Elam

O'Niell

Little                      Senior

Alex

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »

Coburn

Battersby       McGregor        Young     Tierney

Denham         Danylyk            Street     Senior

Lawton

Little

a 4-4-1-1. robbie and colin playing the same system as gerrard and torres.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:46:47 AM by The Duke »

lukealty12

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:01:13 PM »

Coburn
Lane/Densemore     McGregor    Young     Peyton

Meech/Denham         Danylyk             Lawton              Elam

Little                O'Neill/Johnson/Senior

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:54:12 AM »

Coburn

Battersby

Lane
Young

Peyton

Denham
Densmore
Danylyk
Elam

O Neill
Little

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 09:04:58 AM »

Right I'm going to be ambitious this week...GH won't even think about this formation (that's not having a go at him, he just won't) but as you say, it's all about opinions:

Coburn

Battersby                             McGregor                         Young                     Tierney

Danylyk

Denham                                                                                                        Elam

O'Niell

Little                      Senior

Like the look of that !

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

I think it's a disgrace that Doughty has been discarded from the team after so few games.

For me it would be:

Coburn
Battersby
McGregor
Young
Doughty
Denham
Street
Danylyk
Tierney
Senior
Little

Subs

Elam
O'Neill
Lane
Densemore
Ralph

Approach: We kill them with pace basically. I think Doughty and Tierney could work well together on the left and Battersby has been solid the last few times I've seen him (Imissed Stevenage so can't comment either way on that). We absolutely have to batter them from the off and the above selection gives us the flexibility to alternate between a 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 in order to put them under maximum pressure.

The importance of winning this game well cannot be overstated. Confidence has been on the floor recently and we need a big performance from everyone to get back on track. Mansfield are next up on Tuesday night and we need to hit the ground running against them.

Good luck lads, the season starts now.

Come on Alty!!!!

Alex

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »

your going to drop the club captain all together? i know robbies had a shakey start but he deserves a place in the team on effort alone over players that just don't look arsed (i won't name them but im sure you know who i mean).

totally agree about batts he has been solid (dunno bout stevenage either) but from what i have seen he has been one of our best performers this season.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 10:33:34 AM »

your going to drop the club captain all together? i know robbies had a shakey start but he deserves a place in the team on effort alone over players that just don't look arsed (i won't name them but im sure you know who i mean).

totally agree about batts he has been solid (dunno bout stevenage either) but from what i have seen he has been one of our best performers this season.

I'll be completel;y honest mate, when it came to the subs (other than Ralph) I just named the first 4 players who came into my head.  :)

You're quite right, Lawton should be in there. I would probably pick him ahead of Johnson in that case.

Alex

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 10:37:14 AM »

love the honesty 365 have a goodwin

The Fan

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:37:38 AM »

As Lawton has apparently got a piece in the programme responding to GH's comments, it would be quite embarassing/surprising if he were to be dropped (as I imagine it's a rallying cry). Unless of course he has said that GH is talking out of his trumpet - in which case I doubt they would publish it !!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »

You're quite right, Lawton should be in there. I would probably pick him ahead of Johnson in that case.

Damming with faint praise indeed, Johnson hasn't appeared on your selections either.

There is no way on earth that Robbie Lawton will ever be dropped from this team.

Also, can I suggest that if you want to kill Lewes with pace you may need to select a more mobile left sided attack than Doughty and Tierney!

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 11:28:46 AM »

I picked Doughty and Tierney with defence in mind to try and balance things up a bit with the three lads up front who, I'm sure you'll agree, are capable of tearing apart most defences in this league on their day.

To be honest I just want to beat them comprehensively and in doing so get our confidence back to something approaching where it should be.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

Don't know what the team will be tomorrow, however I just hope we put out an attacking lineup, we should have Denham and Elam / Senior on the wings getting at them with pace, we need to attack and create chances against Lewes at home!

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 12:21:44 PM »

Coburn

Battersby                        McGregor                       Young                      Doughty

Danylyk

Denham                        Lawton                       Elam

Little                        Senior

This will never get played but if we are going to attack lewes with pace then i think this would eba  fantastic team. Danylyk just protecting the defence and allowing denham, elam and lawton all get forward and support the forwards. 
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Saturday