News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season

Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 3838 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Next Season
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

Now this one's all but finished  who should we keep for next season? Here's my list

Coburn
Densmore (as long as he plays RB or RWB)
Flynn
C. Lynch
Lawrie
Phelan
Clee
Reeves
Watmore
Reid
Smart
Milne

As for the management team I would give them another go.

I think as team we're better now than we were in August/September. Things may have been differnent if Clee hadn't been missing for the last month, but thats football

Full time and proud of it

The Teasing Squad

Re: Next Season
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »

Seriously???? f**k me

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:34 PM »

We took a big blow today but I don't think it is quite over just yet....

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

We took a big blow today but I don't think it is quite over just yet....

Sadly we have let in 60 goals this season, far too many for a title push.  Work on that in the summer and we have a good chance next season

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »

The problem is, are our better players still going to be with us next season? Reeves, in particular, is likely to receive numerous attractive offers. Who wouldn't be interested in signing a striker who has now bagged 40 league goals in one season?

What a pity those 40 goals are going to count for nothing.  :(

On the plus side, Twiss will be off the payroll next season which will probably free up money for a couple of decent signings.

Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 10:16:50 PM »

The problem is, are our better players still going to be with us next season? Reeves, in particular, is likely to receive numerous attractive offers. Who wouldn't be interested in signing a striker who has now bagged 40 league goals in one season?

On the plus side, Twiss will be off the payroll next season which will probably free up money for a couple of decent signings.

take away Reeves goals and we would have been in serious sh*t i would love to dream he would stay but cant see it even twiss leaving wont soften that blow
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »

A few people have suggested that money could be offered to Reeves in order to stay.... I dont think itd tempt him must be worth a shot

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »

I don't even want to think about Reeves leaving the club

Seems a long time ago when we signed Twiss in the Summer 2010.  He has bagged 8 league goals in that time, time to say goodbye with that one
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:22:51 PM by Knutsford Alty »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 10:50:39 PM »

Did reeves and twiss join at pretty much the same time?
ParkINson's red and white army

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 11:10:09 PM »

Now this one's all but finished  who should we keep for next season? Here's my list

Coburn
Densmore (as long as he plays RB or RWB)
Flynn
C. Lynch
Lawrie
Phelan
Clee
Reeves
Watmore
Reid
Smart
Milne

As for the management team I would give them another go.

I think as team we're better now than we were in August/September. Things may have been differnent if Clee hadn't been missing for the last month, but thats football

This season isn't finished yet. We're all disappointed but we have to have some hope until its impossible.

whopper

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »

I don't even want to think about Reeves leaving the club

Seems a long time ago when we signed Twiss in the Summer 2010.  He has bagged 8 league goals in that time, time to say goodbye with that one
out of interest do teams like nuneaton have players like twiss stood around like a fat sand turtle pretending to warm up

ALTYGAL

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »

you can't lay the blame at one players feet, it's not just Twiss's fault. don't get me wrong, I agree he's not done as much as he should or should I say as much as we expected him to have done for us and yes he wouldn't be here if he wasn't on contract, but that's his fault. To be fair he's not been as bad at times this season and he's been a damn sight better than some of the dross LS has brought into our non existent defence.

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »

[
out of interest do teams like nuneaton have players like twiss stood around like a fat sand turtle pretending to warm up
[/quote]

Yes they did actually. At half time he was taking the piss out of the dancers, and in the second half he was lazing against the advertising hoardings. But despite that, Nuneaton had a decent team.

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »

you can't lay the blame at one players feet, it's not just Twiss's fault. don't get me wrong, I agree he's not done as much as he should or should I say as much as we expected him to have done for us and yes he wouldn't be here if he wasn't on contract, but that's his fault. To be fair he's not been as bad at times this season and he's been a damn sight better than some of the dross LS has brought into our non existent defence.

Yes
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season