Ryan
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ryan  (Read 3570 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2023, 08:07:05 AM »

My query was about me rather hoping that we 'sold' him on the basis he would not play against us.......but if, as we believe, a release fee clause has been triggered, then maybe no such deal could be struck.

Remember the play off versus Guiseley when their player manager agreed not to play for them after we released him ?.......Boshell ?

I think in the Boshell case, that was very much a gentleman’s agreement rather than a contractual stipulation. I’m not sure you’re actually allowed to have a clause preventing a player playing in a certain game when they’re being sold.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 08:11:11 AM »

My query was about me rather hoping that we 'sold' him on the basis he would not play against us.......but if, as we believe, a release fee clause has been triggered, then maybe no such deal could be struck.

Remember the play off versus Guiseley when their player manager agreed not to play for them after we released him ?.......Boshell ?

I think in the Boshell case, that was very much a gentleman’s agreement rather than a contractual stipulation. I’m not sure you’re actually allowed to have a clause preventing a player playing in a certain game when they’re being sold.

I think we probably had Guiseley's pants down a little bit there, as you say I don't think there's any contractual protection against them just going ahead and playing him (although I suppose you would probably consider it poor form if they did). Given how influential he was back then, it could have made a difference for them.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan