PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough  (Read 14090 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2023, 06:45:48 PM »

I thought it was quite a decent topic being discussed from various points of view to be honest

No, you've misunderstood. You either agree with everything Marple Alty says or you're clearly in some way mentally deficient. To be honest, you're lucky he didn't deploy the crazy face emoji on you.
thank you for putting me back on the straight and narrow . This probably shows why I only post on threads related to Chris senior and winter breaks
Come on you red and white........

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2023, 07:36:16 PM »

We'll find it difficult to finish 11th without a decent forward line.
If Colclough goes the (hopeful) incomers need to be significant.

Parky has brought in a stream of quality wide men over the last few years   think Ginnelly , Dale  , Mooney , Coleclough , Newby . I back him to once again bring in good quality replacements .  Whoever they may be , getting like for like for Ryan is well nigh impossible because he's been the best wide man i've ever seen in an Alty shirt .

Josh Ginnelly was brought to Alty on loan in January 2016 by Lee Sinnott.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2023, 07:38:20 PM »

Blimey was it that long ago , apologies 🤢

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2023, 07:52:41 PM »

I thought it was quite a decent topic being discussed from various points of view to be honest

No, you've misunderstood. You either agree with everything Marple Alty says or you're clearly in some way mentally deficient. To be honest, you're lucky he didn't deploy the crazy face emoji on you.

We're all entitled to our opinions! I've been wrong on plenty of occasions, it's good to be self aware after all.

It is my opinion that paying someone an extra £1k a week to leave for nothing anyway is ridiculous in a season where we're extremely unlikely to be in the playoffs nor relegated.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2023, 08:42:49 PM »

We're all entitled to our opinions! I've been wrong on plenty of occasions, it's good to be self aware after all.

It is my opinion that paying someone an extra £1k a week to leave for nothing anyway is ridiculous in a season where we're extremely unlikely to be in the playoffs nor relegated.
You said the thread had gone insane it seemed quite balanced to that point .

I totally agree it's all about opinions we will never agree nor should we have too.

I'll miss him when he goes he's been a legend and stayed much longer than I imagined he would
Come on you red and white........

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2023, 09:04:38 PM »

You said the thread had gone insane it seemed quite balanced to that point .

I totally agree it's all about opinions we will never agree nor should we have too.

I'll miss him when he goes he's been a legend and stayed much longer than I imagined he would

Quite. Self-awareness only extends so far, it seems.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2023, 01:20:27 PM »

I see on Chesterfield twitter feed they have released two players this morning who only signed in the summer one been a winger,is there a cash and swap deal on here in exchange for Ryan?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2023, 02:05:17 PM »

I see on Chesterfield twitter feed they have released two players this morning who only signed in the summer one been a winger,is there a cash and swap deal on here in exchange for Ryan?

George Cooper? 26,born in Warrington and came through the academy at Crewe.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2023, 02:12:42 PM »

There needs to be someone brought in. If we don't have any decent attackers it won't be much fun as a spectator.

Other calls on my time will become easier to justify. I would guess that a lot of the non-hardcore support will feel the same.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2023, 02:27:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/ChesterfieldFC/status/1613540064180539393

No doubt its Colclough

Yep the voice is a giveaway. Let’s just hope the club has got a good deal for the lad, I shall miss Ryan. Now we hope Phil has a plan.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2023, 07:02:52 PM »

i really HATE chesterfield
Harold

saffendalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2023, 08:08:48 PM »

Was going to go but should have been a league side.
Chesterfield, come on!!!! not sure it’s much of a step up to be honest.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2023, 09:12:52 PM »

To my mind, this  is rather like York City (or whoever) saying in 1974-5 that their player should have gone to a first division club rather than Manchester United. Historically, Chesterfield (and the Shrimpers among others for that matter) are ridiculously big for this level, and in addition Chesterfield have a massive cup match coming up, plus a manager with a previous connection to Colclough. If he'd gone to Oldham, I might have questioned it, but Chesterfield - fair enough. As has been pointed out, we sold a player to Chester "City" and came out alright in the end, so I trust the board, and Colclough for that matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough