PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Graham heathcote
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Well done Graham heathcote  (Read 10117 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Graham heathcote
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »

YES WELL DONE to everyone at the club.
what has happened to James Black?i miss his postings and the remarks they get :P
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:31 PM »

I'd agree well done to all the team at Alty, management, players and fans. I actually feel a bit sorry for my Woking supporting workmates at the moment seeing as they need snookers to stay up.

As for you Hugh, we are now 99% ok so no issue now surely. Relax mate.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »

Hello Harold, I'm guessing fish paste today?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

York Alty

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »

Yes indeed. Well done to Mr Heathcote, Mr. Goodwin, the board, players, back room staff, ball boys &  girls, back office folks, and the fans.

Yes I criticised GH in mid season, but fair do's he's kept us up in style so I take my hat off to him.

ONE ALTY

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

Back of the net!

I must admint I wondered if the flintstones would ever be sung again, glad it's out of the way now.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

markecky

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:10 AM »

Well done to Graham, the backroom staff and the players for dragging themselves over the finish line.  With the injures its been hard and I am sure that we would have done it sooner with a fit squad.

Its a massive achievement and I do think that some people have lost sight little of the part time/full time divide and expect a  little to much of us.

However that said, I have to have a little rant.

Alty have some of the best supporters in the BSP for me. Most of us understand circumstances, we don't expect to win every week, we can even take a thrashing from a good team if we have given it our all.

However we must reserve the right to criticise if we feel let down or feel that something is wrong.  I couldn't make it to Lewes due to work but a lot of my friends spent £60+ four days after spending £60+ at Ebbsfleet.  If they want t have a moan then they can do.  They should not feel that they can't say this and they can't say that because of x and y.

At other clubs, the team loses and they get booed off and everyone on their message board wants everything changing from the chairman to the groundsman.  People shouldn't take things personally and remember that football is a game of opinions.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:43:15 AM by markecky »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

SW it was ham and pickle
Harold

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »

Well done to Graham, the backroom staff and the players for dragging themselves over the finish line.  With the injures its been hard and I am sure that we would have done it sooner with a fit squad.

Its a massive achievement and I do think that some people have lost sight little of the part time/full time divide and expect a  little to much of us.

Alty have some of the best supporters in the BSP for me. Most of us understand circumstances, we don't expect to win every week, we can even take a thrashing from a good team if we have given it our all.

However we must reserve the right to criticise if we feel let down or feel that something is wrong.  I couldn't make it to Lewes due to work but a lot of my friends spent £60+ four days after spending £60+ at Ebbsfleet.  If they want t have a moan then they can do.  They should not feel that they can't say this and they can't say that because of x and y.

At other clubs, the team loses and they get booed off and everyone on their message board wants everything changing from the chairman to the groundsman.  People shouldn't take things personally and remember that football is a game of opinions.

Very well put Sir. Have a Goodwin.

Congrats to one and all.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 03:40:38 PM »

Ecky,

Superb post.

Have another Goodwin.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Aside from agreeing with Ecky..

Indeed, congratulations to GH and his team for staying up, and confortably really despite a run of poor form at the end.

People have had their say but have always been behind the club I think and it would be remiss now if you had reservations not to come out and congratulate. I said a while back that the best thing that could happen was GH succeeding, if he wants to have a pop at this doubters now then that's fine, he deserves to.

Well done everyone.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »

if he wants to have a pop at this doubters now then that's fine, he deserves to.

However, if those doubters have the humility to congratulate him on a job well done I don't see the need for him to do this.

He's achieved what he set out to do and should be congratulated for doing so.
Come on Alty!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »

Well done to Graham Heathcote and Graham Barrow and the team on achieving something that many of us didnt think would be done so early. I will confess to not being one of Graham's strongest supporters but believe in giving credit where it is due. Football is all about opinions and people are not above criticism and it is perfectly right for paying customers to voice concerns at paid employees if people believe that performances are not of a required standard. But thats for another time for now lets all enjoy the success whilst it lasts and have a great end to the season.

AltyIan

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

Just realised Altrincham have only had one 0-0 draw in the league this season, which was against Salisbury way back in September, cheers Graham for getting the lads playing exciting football.

Alex

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »

although we lost Barrow at home was one hell of a game

brian1925

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »

There have been times in the last 12 months when I've nearly lost the faith, but to GH and all the lads, a massive WELL DONE!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Graham heathcote