PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done the lads...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Well done the lads...  (Read 9700 times)

fuertes

Re: Well done the lads...
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »

I'm not sure I'd count Green Fields of France as a rebel song, chaps. It's a good 'un, though.

Anyway, fantastic result. I for one thought we'd be on a high and the lads seem to have taken confidence from the Burton display into this one. We have a great chance of going a long way.

Also interesting to note that they are all incredibly despondent on their forum despite sitting in the playoffs. At least we're not the only ones.

anglo alty

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

Green fields of France isn't a rebel song but probably the best anti war song ever written making reference to the row upon row of white grave stones of both sides in Northern France and Belgium. What a shocking waste if politicians had to go in the front line we wouldn't have wars. It was just an Irish folk band that sang it

Bath Alty

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »

After no 5 (their captain!?!) had given us all that grief, his next clearance went straight to an Alty player and the kid behind the goal called 'Love the accuracy no 5'  A top effort, the lad shows promise ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »

What was this 5 of there's saying exactly?

He was boasting to us that he'd played in the 5th round of the FC Cup once in his silly Brummie accent whilst he should have been defending.

If it was Stuart Whitehead, then he became the first captain to lose at the new Wembley, when his team lost the FAT final in 2007
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:44:45 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »

Reevesy should have had a couple more, especially the one he headed wide from Clee's inch perfect cross. Worcester were very disappointing for a team in the play off positions. Crude challenges, misplaced passes, and Brooke or Mitchley would have improved their strike force !

Worcester played the strangest assortment of music I think I've ever heard at a football match. Half time gave us an Irish rebel song, followed by Black Sabbath's "Paranoid", then some quite appalling bhangra.

But they topped it on the way out after the game by playing what appeared to be a requiem mass !

That's probably in my top 20 favourite songs Phil.....'The Green Fields of France'.

It's also not an Irish Rebel Song... one of my favourites too that I used to belt out after a few sherberts
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »

Sorry hadn't seen the other postings before I posted. Originally written by Eric Bogle (Scottish-Australian), but covered by absolutely loads of people including Stiff Little Fingers and the Angelic Upstarts! Personally like the Men They Couldn't Hang version.

Anyway, fantastic result yesterday....have we suddenly become cup cash kings?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »

From the Worcester forum:

"Having supported City since 1956 I am used to the highs and lows. Yesterday was a low.

Out-thought, Out-fought, Out-played and Outclassed. Ruined my weekend."

Caps it all off nicely that....

Bath Alty

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2012, 12:20:42 AM »

I give him 3 out of 4.  There is no way we were out fought.  Their 5,6 and 9 were the only ones doing any fighting - elbows & feet.  They were a disgrace.

ps yes I know what he really means.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done the lads...