PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Added Time
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Added Time  (Read 4264 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Added Time
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »

BTW - Incorrect placement of the ball in quadrants for corners pisses me off as much as 'not enough added time' at end of game halves!

Me too, although the pedant in me is roaring out that if the ball is placed in the quadrant then it is fact correct.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »

Actually just on that, and I think I was told this once as a kid so if ATS or a decent referee could confirm  ;)

Am I right that you can't take an inswinging corner from the touchline rather than the goal line?

i.e - a corner at the golf road end on the left (main stand) wing. If you took it right footed coming at it from the goal line/golf road side of the corner flag, that would be fine - basically your normal inswinging corner.

But if you took it right footed coming at the other (main stand) side of the corner flag then it isn't allowed?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »

Much as I was disinclined to dignify your dig with a response, you asked a question so I shall attempt to answer.

There is nothing in the Laws of the Game which precludes any player taking any sort of corner provided the key elements of Law 17 are complied with (Ball in quadrant, only kicked once, actually moves)

However, if I am interpreting what you are suggesting correctly, the laws of physics and physiology may be more of an issue
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Added Time