PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rule Changes up for discussion.......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rule Changes up for discussion.......  (Read 12909 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Rule Changes up for discussion.......
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »

I think we should go back to using jackets for goalposts.......................

You're posh! It ws jumpers in my day!

Have fly or rush goalie as standard!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »

and only headers and volleys count past the baby line.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »

and only headers and volleys count past the baby line.
Both squads line up before the start and the captains choose the teams one player at a time until the fat useless one gets chosen last to go in goal.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »

I believe Man United have a variation on "Play 'til its dark" \ "Mam calls you in for dinner" and use the "Play til we score" rule as their preferred choice of ending stalemate matches :)

timbo13

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »

revolving triangular cross bars. 

And then the can of worms opens as to whether they should revolve towards the goal line or into the air..

Nah, have them revolve like propellers.

And to think they call you Mad Frankie

Butty

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 07:21:42 AM »

I believe Man United have a variation on "Play 'til its dark" \ "Mam calls you in for dinner" and use the "Play til we score" rule as their preferred choice of ending stalemate matches :)

Oh yes, they escaped last night with a 2-2 draw because in actual fact, after the cameras were turned off, the teams were actually back out on the pitch until 2.37 this morning.

York Alty

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »

Oh yes, they escaped last night with a 2-2 draw because in actual fact, after the cameras were turned off, the teams were actually back out on the pitch until 2.37 this morning.

they also have a rule whereby none of their players are responsbile for assaults on the pitch.  In the unilkely event of a ref making an error and sending of their players off Ferguson is allowed to bellyache until the cows come home.

Altyant

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »

One thing I noticed from the Old Firm game tonight, is that booking and sendings off in cup games, count only in that competition, not the league. Is that something that would be workable in England?

Butty

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »

One thing I noticed from the Old Firm game tonight, is that booking and sendings off in cup games, count only in that competition, not the league. Is that something that would be workable in England?

Yes, but that makes sense so it would never happen.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »

Yes, but that makes sense so it would never happen.

Does it? I don't like the idea that if you're 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go it's time to start hacking them down because getting away with it might get you that goal, and if you're caught, who cares?

RocketDan

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 06:52:11 PM »

I'd actually like to see the goals made slightly bigger - maybe 30ft x 10ft as opposed to 24ft x 8ft.

I also think goals from outside the area should count for more than goals inside the area - maybe a 2 points for inside, and 3 points for outside (like basketball)

fuertes

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »

I'd actually like to see the goals made slightly bigger - maybe 30ft x 10ft as opposed to 24ft x 8ft.

I also think goals from outside the area should count for more than goals inside the area - maybe a 2 points for inside, and 3 points for outside (like basketball)

Didn't they experiment with these ideas in America?

Terrible options IMO. This is the greatest game on earth. The only minor change I'd make is to toughen the game up again. Not to the 1970s levels where people just kicked the sh*t out of each other, but looking at games even from the early 1990s shows just what a bunch of fairies most players are these days. I'd dispel this "he has a right to go down" nonsense when there's the merest feather of contact.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 07:08:54 PM »

I think that some of these ideas are good, but we really should be looking at what assistance the FA can give to its employees (ie the referees), i think more training, development and practical experience would enable them to spot the rooney elbow or arsenal defender body check on a yellow. These are the real game changing issues.

In addition, more assistance around the penalty area should be allowed. Even in our league the amount of incorrect decisions (only after seeing the reply, Phil) that are given could easily be reduced by either having five officials or a third official watching TV replays.

RocketDan

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »

Didn't they experiment with these ideas in America?

Terrible options IMO. This is the gregatest game on earth.

There is nothing great about a 0-0 draw.

Bigger Goals = less goalless draws

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »

Get sum ref's with balls (no pun intended for the lady referee) who understand what a tackle is and who is taking this piss, Rugby ref's might be the answer ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rule Changes up for discussion.......