News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Family Advice

Author Topic: Family Advice  (Read 2811 times)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Family Advice
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »

Hi All,

I have been reading for a while so thought it time to join and post. I have started bringing my 2 boys to Alty matches, to lend my support to my local team and get them interested in football etc. I really want to see Alty prosper.

A few questions if I may :-

1. I assume from being surrounded by Wrexham fans on Sat that the family stand is shared by both teams - Alty were seriously outnumbered in this stand this week - is that normal - or should we have sat somewhere else ?

2a. We always use the snack bar and toilets in the away terrace but I'm sure the guy on the gate giving out the passes has a sigh everytime someone wants to go through the gate - should I be going anywhere else ??

2b. To get to the other end where the club shop is, are there any easy routes or do I have to go into the main stand, up accross and down ?

3a. Are kids allowed in the bar so I can perhaps sneak a pre match pint ? (And do I have to go the route of 2b!)

3b. Does the bar have cider on draught ?

4. It would have really annoyed me if Chris Senior ended up with a red for his lip to the officials - is he always like this - I remember his ban for fighting a couple of months ago when he waded in - a ban like that can only damage Altys chances with him off the pitch.

Dougals Dad

Re: Family Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »

Thought that was addressed to John Terry for a moment there!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:43:59 PM »

I will try with these:

1. I assume from being surrounded by Wrexham fans on Sat that the family stand is shared by both teams - Alty were seriously outnumbered in this stand this week - is that normal - or should we have sat somewhere else ?

The family stand is usually just home fans to be honest so I doubt you'll have that problem again.

2a. We always use the snack bar and toilets in the away terrace but I'm sure the guy on the gate giving out the passes has a sigh everytime someone wants to go through the gate - should I be going anywhere else ??

I think he was just having a busy day...you can choice which toilets you use although I guess the stewards would prefer you to use the home ones on the other side of the stand, bit of a walk

2b. To get to the other end where the club shop is, are there any easy routes or do I have to go into the main stand, up accross and down ?

No easy route..you just have to look for the wide aisle behind the directors and another one half way up to get through easier

3a. Are kids allowed in the bar so I can perhaps sneak a pre match pint ? (And do I have to go the route of 2b!)

Kids are allowed in the bar, get yourself that pint.

Don't drink it so don't know..

4. It would have really annoyed me if Chris Senior ended up with a red for his lip to the officials - is he always like this - I remember his ban for fighting a couple of months ago when he waded in - a ban like that can only damage Altys chances with him off the pitch.

Chris Senior plays with 100% passion and commitment. Saturday was probably frustration at the fact we were outplayed and he doesn;t normally do things like push people over.

Hope this helps.

If I was you I'd sit in  the main stand with your lad, nice and central for both goals, nearer the bar and away from tutting stewards.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »

Cider is usually available in the bar.........and remember, the club shop sells bags of mixed sweets at 20p for the kids

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:50:42 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:51:40 PM »

I will try with these:

The family stand is usually just home fans to be honest so I doubt you'll have that problem again.

I think he was just having a busy day...you can choice which toilets you use although I guess the stewards would prefer you to use the home ones on the other side of the stand, bit of a walk

No easy route..you just have to look for the wide aisle behind the directors and another one half way up to get through easier

Kids are allowed in the bar, get yourself that pint.

Don't drink it so don't know..

Chris Senior plays with 100% passion and commitment. Saturday was probably frustration at the fact we were outplayed and he doesn;t normally do things like push people over.

Hope this helps.

If I was you I'd sit in  the main stand with your lad, nice and central for both goals, nearer the bar and away from tutting stewards.

There is definitely Cider on draught.....I'm about as certain as Jim Rushe is that Northwich are exiting administration, that it is Strongbow . There is also bottled Strongbow & Bulmers Pear which Jenny keeps nice & cold!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:54:41 PM »

Cider is usually available in the bar.........and remember, the club shop sells bags of mixed sweets at 20p for the kids

& Alty Rock for 20p in the Club Shop & home snack bar.Perhaps there are a few Alty fans who use the away Snack Bar for one reason or another, so we'll put some in there as well on Saturday.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:10 AM »

Having frequently taken my kids from the ages of 1 to 5 to ML, I can confirm that there are frequently aay fans in the familly stand, and on occasions Alty fans are very much outnumbered e.g. Wrexham last season, AFCW this season. I have never seen the slightest sign of trouble - people are generally pretty respectful when small kids are around.

In fact, often I have found that Alty fans are less respectful of the kids in terms of swearing within earshot. Maybe it's all these poor referee decisions that seem to go against us :)

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »

Think the questions have been answered.....I'd sit in the main stand if I were you.

Along with 2 brothers and a sister I was taken to Moss Lane from the age of 5 (now 42) so congratulations on giviing your children the best education in football.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »

Thanks guys for all the tips - I'll give the main stand a go - I guess I have to avoid the season ticket seats !

Strongbow - my favourite - I cant be doing with overpriced Magners.

Alty rock was sold out when I tried to get some at the Hayes & Yeading game - kids love the 20p bags of sweets, a bag of crisps and a can of pop at half time (Im sure thats the only reason they come!!)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

Thanks guys for all the tips - I'll give the main stand a go - I guess I have to avoid the season ticket seats !

Strongbow - my favourite - I cant be doing with overpriced Magners.

Alty rock was sold out when I tried to get some at the Hayes & Yeading game - kids love the 20p bags of sweets, a bag of crisps and a can of pop at half time (Im sure thats the only reason they come!!)

They do ! I spend more time in the que at the snack bar getting drinks and chips, normally bring my 9 yr old but the 7 yr old has now taken an interset and been a few times this season also. They also play the compulsory game of tig :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:50:38 PM by blackpoolalty »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »

Breaker 141
It is definitely Strongbow on draught in the bar. I know because I always drink it at the club in the summer months. It is served chilled though even in winter but is a lovely pint.

The beer is more than acceptable in the bar, it is also quite a nice pint especially the John Smiths is it? Kids are allowed in the bar as my 15 year old goes into and out of it to check on the half time scores.

Wrexham in the family stand was a one off to be honest, but go into the main stand, you are nearer the toilets and the home snack bar. Generally it depends on who we are playing, but sit on the left side of the stand as you look onto the pitch on the side of our hoem directors and manager.

Enjoy yourself, its a great little club and the football is currently very good standard, there is also a very strong bond between players management and the fans. You will see that for yourself in time if you have not already done so.

When he is a little older then take him onto the terracing, the banter between home and away fans is non malicious, but very very funny at times!!

Have fun and see you at the next game.

Steve from Sale

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Family Advice