News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Momentum

Author Topic: Momentum  (Read 2076 times)

Longman

Momentum
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »

Hopefully yesterday will give us a push and some momentum for the forthcoming games, it was brilliant to see GH and the players so jubilant and celebrating with us like that at the final whistle!

RocketDan

Re: Momentum
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:42:51 PM »

it was brilliant to see GH and the players so jubilant and celebrating with us like that at the final whistle!

thought it was a bit OTT to be honest, they were celebrating like we'd just stayed up.
3 points in 5 games nothing to celebrate.

make it six games, cos we are getting nothing from Oxford....

Longman

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

it was brilliant to see GH and the players so jubilant and celebrating with us like that at the final whistle!

thought it was a bit OTT to be honest, they were celebrating like we'd just stayed up.

Bloody hell good to see some optimism!!   ::)   Oxford are struggling, they lost yesterday and are without their captain for our game, as he was sent off against Crawley.  I don't see why we can't get a point and you never know we could get all three!??  ;)

Altyant

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:02:57 PM »

After not winning for so long, I think the players deserved to let off a bit of steam, especially after beating local/relegation rivals. Lets not forget the way that some of their players celebrated at Moss Lane on Boxing Day.

We didnt think that we would get anything at Oxford last season. Would be great to upset the odds as nobody will expect us to get anything

Longman

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »

After not winning for so long, I think the players deserved to let off a bit of steam, especially after beating local/relegation rivals. Lets not forget the way that some of their players celebrated at Moss Lane on Boxing Day.

We didnt think that we would get anything at Oxford last season. Would be great to upset the odds as nobody will expect us to get anything

Exactly, lest we forget the Vics player who made a very offensive hand gesture towards the popular stand on boxing day!  I think the players reaction was fantastic, we were questioning thier passion for the club after boxing day, well yesterday proved what it meant to the players and manager.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »

Agree with the previous posts.

We need to try and keep the momentum going, the lads must believe they can get something on Saturday, after yesterday they should have better belief.

I noticed Mamara could not even admit we played well, it was them that gave us the game!

The celebrations were not over the top, GH was letting off steam, and also letting the opposition how much it meant to us. Especially after the comments they had made.

We cannot get carried away however we must build on the good result.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:35:33 PM »

We were seeing players and management yesterday who have been criticised a lot recently about pride / passion / effort / tactics / ability / team selection, to mention just a few things etc etc.

They managed to put a real 'dampener' on my Christmas, so having 'made' my New Year, they fully deserve to let off steam. Their reaction should be welcomed and is no more than should be expected of Altrincham footballers who had just won a local derby. However I know that GH will not let anyone get carried away.

Great to see Stuart skidding on his knees once more, with clenched fist following the final whistle.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Momentum