PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 this is sour grapes but stafford are are a poor footballing side
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: this is sour grapes but stafford are are a poor footballing side  (Read 5184 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: this is sour grapes but stafford are are a poor footballing side
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 10:26:10 AM »

I was thinking about Vics this morning and the lad who said "You worry about staying up and we'll worry about the FA Trophy final" or something to those words. I said they may come back to haunt him.

teasybeaver

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 10:39:02 AM »

Exactly what i was thinking. Probably same lad who came out with classic that we are worse side he's seen in the league by a mile. Despite the 4 points we took off them and the fact that they conceded 3 goals with no reply against 10 men!

Its not all doom an gloom. 50 points may still be enough. i'd rather have the points any day than the games in hand. Right now we're safe and thats the attitude needed, nothing else!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 11:31:06 AM »

Disappointing last night.....Rosie's tackle was right in front of us and it was a very late one.   Probably deserved to go, having said that, from where we were there was not that much contact and it looked a lot worse than it was.  As said elsewhere on the forum this morning, Stafford had 3 clear chances just in the first half, and how that bloke missed the open goal I'll never know!  Col's overhead kick and volley were the highlights of the night, unfortunately not enough for a point.  Still, a mate I was at the game with thinks 50 will keep us up, I'm not so sure but I'll go with his opinion.   

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 11:35:38 AM »

50 points definitely won't be enough to keep us up - but we'll get more than that.
I still think we can gather enough points so that the game v Gravesend will be the one in which we play to secure our status.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Altyant

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »

you missed out the fact that there goalkeeper is wold's best for time wasting.

So is Richard Acton. I really can't see the legitimacy in moaning about time wasting, every team in the land does it and when it occurs it is condoned by the teams own fans.

Only those that criticise us for time wasting can really criticise Stafford for doing exactly the same thing.

tbh stafford played like we play when we're one up away from home, but as for there two forward playing well? as far as i saw they spent most of there time on there arse after claiming to have been fouled. as for there players antics for guys who were 6ft and built like brick s**t houses they went down so easily it was unbelivable. in honesty though it wasn't our night nuffing rele went our way in terms of chances always just wide or then one chance the keeper put over the cross bar. either way look ahead now exeter on saturday i rekon we could get a point maybe even sneak 3  ;)

Madjo and Grayson provided a constant outlet for the Stafford midfield, they are both nuisances and (I'd imagine) very difficult to play against.

We dont time-waste at 0-0 though!!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »

So is Richard Acton. I really can't see the legitimacy in moaning about time wasting, every team in the land does it and when it occurs it is condoned by the teams own fans.

Only those that criticise us for time wasting can really criticise Stafford for doing exactly the same thing.

tbh stafford played like we play when we're one up away from home, but as for there two forward playing well? as far as i saw they spent most of there time on there arse after claiming to have been fouled. as for there players antics for guys who were 6ft and built like brick s**t houses they went down so easily it was unbelivable. in honesty though it wasn't our night nuffing rele went our way in terms of chances always just wide or then one chance the keeper put over the cross bar. either way look ahead now exeter on saturday i rekon we could get a point maybe even sneak 3  ;)

Madjo and Grayson provided a constant outlet for the Stafford midfield, they are both nuisances and (I'd imagine) very difficult to play against.

We certainly did away to Aldershot.

Richard Acton was sending the East Bank hysterical with his antics!
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 11:04:14 PM »

I thought the goal was offside too!

Murphy made a meal of the challenge, I was yards away and there was no real contact, however I can understand the ref sending Rose off based on Murphys antics. Most of there players were theatrical!

Personally a draw would have been a fair result.

Altyant

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:09 PM »

We certainly did away to Aldershot.

Richard Acton was sending the East Bank hysterical with his antics!

Ok, there was maybe that ocassion!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 this is sour grapes but stafford are are a poor footballing side