PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: AFC Telford  (Read 25241 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: AFC Telford
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

You really don't know why? Have you not read through the forum? What sort of idiot designs something that blocks the view of long standing supporters?!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »

You really don't know why? Have you not read through the forum? What sort of idiot designs something that blocks the view of long standing supporters?!

The same idiot that got the club approval for doing it, that gives the club a massive increase in its income, for the long term future of YOUR club.
Restricted views at football grounds are very common, indeed there is already restricted views of the away end corner. It only affects a small area of the pitch from a few seats for heaven sake, just move seats!
It wasnt possible to build a fabulous new building without having a small downside which everyone knew.

With respect Martin you seem to have a very simplistic view of things. There are always pros and cons for every job, the upside here is massive compared with a small downside.

bumble

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »

I'd like to know if you the club and the designers knew it would restrict views - and if so what they did to tell those effected? or did they simple let them turn up and have a blocked view.

All restricted view tickets are sold with a notice for shows concerts etc

Ps. I like the CSH, but the inside design is utter wank.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

Jack. How many more times,... yes and the club wrote to them offering to repay them their season tickets I believe.

The internal (interior designed scheme) is WHAT WE COULD AFFORD and has to be multi functional and robust, dont you like the solid hardwood floor, full aircon, low energy lighting and systems, LED lighting and 4 TV screens etc etc ?

roytonmike

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

Without wishing to go over too much old ground, it seems to me that the problem here was one of communication. It isn't reasonable to assume that 'everyone knew' or that everyone would be content to move seats. Those likely to be affected had a right to be informed in advance, by something as old-fashioned as a letter. As I understand it this may not have been done in advance, so the PR/communications result was negative. The lesson to be learnt is that even what some may regard as, in Basil Fawlty's phrase, "the bleedin' obvious" needs to be spelt out clearly, politely & well in advance. If that lesson has been digested some good will have come out of the matter, which should surely now be regarded as closed.
I write this as one who is not a main stand user and who rarely uses the CSH other than to sit at a certain desk. Both of these are matters of my choice; I have no problem with those who prefer to sit down to watch or who like a drink before the game!  

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »

Without wishing to go over too much old ground, it seems to me that the problem here was one of communication. It isn't reasonable to assume that 'everyone knew' or that everyone would be content to move seats. Those likely to be affected had a right to be informed in advance, by something as old-fashioned as a letter. As I understand it this may not have been done in advance, so the PR/communications result was negative. The lesson to be learnt is that even what some may regard as, in Basil Fawlty's phrase, "the bleedin' obvious" needs to be spelt out clearly, politely & well in advance. If that lesson has been digested some good will have come out of the matter, which should surely now be regarded as closed.
I write this as one who is not a main stand user and who rarely uses the CSH other than to sit at a certain desk. Both of these are matters of my choice; I have no problem with those who prefer to sit down to watch or who like a drink before the game!  

I completely agree with you about what happened, what people below are doing is blaming the design,...... rather than the inescapable fact that you couldnt build it without affecting the view of a few seats.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2016, 04:33:49 PM »

The same idiot that got the club approval for doing it, that gives the club a massive increase in its income, for the long term future of YOUR club.
Restricted views at football grounds are very common, indeed there is already restricted views of the away end corner. It only affects a small area of the pitch from a few seats for heaven sake, just move seats!
It wasnt possible to build a fabulous new building without having a small downside which everyone knew.

With respect Martin you seem to have a very simplistic view of things. There are always pros and cons for every job, the upside here is massive compared with a small downside.

We are yet to see an upside though Ian! As Jamie pointed out the CSH has coincided with team going tits up! Just a coincidence? Everyone will have their own view on that.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 04:40:13 PM »

Martin

When we start winning games you will see the upside I'm sure ;D

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 05:34:03 PM »

Jack. How many more times,... yes and the club wrote to them offering to repay them their season tickets I believe.

Here we go again.....

Wrong.

Main stand season ticket holders who suddenly inherited a restricted view did not receive any advance correspondence from the club regarding this issue (i.e. prior to renewing their season ticket seat).

Any offer to reimburse me for my season ticket was only forthcoming from the club after I had written a letter of complaint to the board of directors.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 05:45:13 PM »

Ian,

It seems that you are truly the one with the restricted view!

That contemptuous comment just about sums up how little you actually comprehend about this issue.

Following correspondence on this very subject and the concerns that I had raised, I was told by the chairman that you had been asked to refrain from discussing more general football club matters going forward.

Let's move on please.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 06:43:24 PM »

Here we go again.....
Wrong.
Main stand season ticket holders who suddenly inherited a restricted view did not receive any advance correspondence from the club regarding this issue (i.e. prior to renewing their season ticket seat).
Any offer to reimburse me for my season ticket was only forthcoming from the club after I had written a letter of complaint to the board of directors.

Barry, I agree this is ancient history, I didnt raise it. But for the record, my statement was not wrong that "the club wrote to them offering to repay them their season tickets I believe" which you have clearly stated above did happen.

Lets move on.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »

They should have informed the supporters but sometimes mistakes happen. When not at Moss Lane I go and support Sale Sharks. They switched their games from Saturday to Friday after season tickets had been on sale for three months. Mistakes happen at all levels.

GB Alty

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »

They should have informed the supporters but sometimes mistakes happen. When not at Moss Lane I go and support Sale Sharks. They switched their games from Saturday to Friday after season tickets had been on sale for three months. Mistakes happen at all levels.
agree - but too mistakes of this type seem to happen at this club

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2016, 10:28:13 PM »

Did we ever get the stoppers sorted out at the snack bar ...
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2016, 11:57:57 PM »

What are the stoppers Wayno.? No idea what you are talking about but certainly intrigued.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Telford