PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 its good to watch.... at barca
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: its good to watch.... at barca  (Read 8364 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: its good to watch.... at barca
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »

.Like talking to a fish about land..

Well, if you're conversing with fish, there's not much hope for your human debating skills. Have you considered medication?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »

I see the extra metre made a real difference in the end
3 goals and a penalty differance

You are simply wrong about the pitch size, it made no difference. Barcelona were stifled, made to play in the middle of the pitch and looked largely one dimensional.

It was a great game to watch in my opinion. The first time i've ever thought that Lampard was pure class on the pitch.

It's just amazing that he stayed on it after that 'tackle'

Brilliant example of an enforcer that, a little bit of handbags just after the previous break in play and BOOM Lampard came in and settled it straight away. Brilliant imho

So out of general interest you would be quite happy if someone came into a challenge on one of our players like that then? No demanding a Red Card?

whopper

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

.Like talking to a fish about land..

Well, if you're conversing with fish, there's not much hope for your human debating skills. Have you considered medication?
get back in the pond!

whopper

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »

You are simply wrong about the pitch size, it made no difference. Barcelona were stifled, made to play in the middle of the pitch and looked largely one dimensional.

It was a great game to watch in my opinion. The first time i've ever thought that Lampard was pure class on the pitch.

Brilliant example of an enforcer that, a little bit of handbags just after the previous break in play and BOOM Lampard came in and settled it straight away. Brilliant imho

So out of general interest you would be quite happy if someone came into a challenge on one of our players like that then? No demanding a Red Card?
phil for once we agree, theres no point in trying to get them to understand as they are swayed to chelseas misrable style of stop football mindnumbing style, the titles staying in spain anyway im sure of that.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

phil for once we agree, theres no point in trying to get them to understand as they are swayed to chelseas misrable style of stop football mindnumbing style, the titles staying in spain anyway im sure of that.

Read this, its an interesting take on things.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/8533/38/

whopper

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »

Read this, its an interesting take on things.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/8533/38/
this attitude is why we are sh*te and havent won anything abroad ever, wsc wear english tinted glasses

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »

If you read it regularly its probably one of the most anglophobe football magazines around. It constantly mocks the England national team, is scathing of how the game is run in this country, takes a stand against jingoism in the media, and is international in the range of its articles.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

this attitude is why we are sh*te and havent won anything abroad ever, wsc wear english tinted glasses

I think the article is fairly well balanced and no, I don't think that the style of football employed by Chelsea last night is as pleasing on the eye as Barcelona's slick passing play. I do not like Chelsea either and was only to happy to see that pathetic excuse for a man (who thinks with, acts like and indeed looks like a prick), Terry get his marching orders. All that being said though, you have to admire the determination and application to get the required result.

Anyway, who exactly do you mean by we???? English teams have done pretty well in Europe for many a year. If you are referring to the English national team then that is a different matter entirely, but how well had the Spaniards done as a national team until very recently? I fear you may have been munching on that fish food and staring for too long into the bowl, your eyes have become boggled and your thought processes bloated. Remove the scales from your eyes and behold a glorious vista that encompasses all manner of views and experiences.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

whopper

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 06:40:52 PM »

Nonsense, cant be arsed replying

Ascot Alty

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 07:06:38 PM »

He caught him with his trailing leg, albeit somewhat intentionally. He wasn't two footed and he wasn't showing studs. It was a foul and a booking. Ref was spot on.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »

Nonsense, cant be arsed replying

You just did you muppet.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 06:14:30 PM »

Which title's this Jacko? The Spanish one?

York Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »

Which title's this Jacko? The Spanish one?

King of Spain I presume.  Or his he Greek like our mob?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »

He caught him with his trailing leg, albeit somewhat intentionally. He wasn't two footed and he wasn't showing studs. It was a foul and a booking. Ref was spot on.

Two questions if I may?

Did the challenge endanger the safety of the Barcelona Player? i.e. could it have caused serious injury?

And going back to my initial question, had that tackle been on an Alty player would you have been content with just a Yellow Card being issued?

Butty

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 10:59:15 AM »

Out of interest ATS, do you know what the card was for? By that I mean was it classed as Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 its good to watch.... at barca