News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Denham

Author Topic: Chris Denham  (Read 2394 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Chris Denham
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:50:15 AM »

Found the link to the old forum (sigh, not going to get much work done today)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/75616/thread/1072981233/last-1072983853/I%27ll+just+say+this

Longman

Re: Chris Denham
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:36:37 AM »

Don't get me wrong I think Denham has been great for us and I love seeing him play for Alty, but has anyone else noticed how much he dives?  There are a couple of occasions where he has gone to ground when he could have carried on and created a better opening for himself.

jimbo

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:08:21 PM »

AFTER A POOR START ANT DANYLEK HAS BEEN MOST IMPRESSIVE OUT OF NEW SIGNINGS.THE REST HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTING, MACGREGOR HAS BEEN OK TO.DENHAM HAS ALOT OF EFFORT BUT NOT MUCH QUALITY,DALE J HAS QUALITY BUT NOT MUCH EFFORT.STREET NOT GOT GOING ,MATT D HAS BEEN POOR,MEECHEN POOR,ELAM POOR.MY OPINION.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:14:11 PM »

Denham is a class act  - end of.

altyf

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »

Denham has been class and dangerous in every game. If he can get his head up a bit earlier and we can get people in the box he'll create goals. But in my opinion, he has to start on the right wing!

Can't judge Elam yet, has only played about 100 minutes in total but showed glimmers of what he can do against Stevenage

Dale Johnson has class and COULD be the player we've needed up front for a while. We're just not using him effectively at the moment and he's not looked that interested after a cracking pre-season.

Danylyk and McGregor have been outstanding in my opinion

Kevin Street needs a chance to play with Danylyk before I can judge him

Matt Doughty has been dreadful, hopefully Tierney can sort out left back

Meechan has been a bit in and out, I thought he was good at Woking and home to Wrexham, dreadful at Eastbourne.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »

Is it any coincidence that our form dipped (from mediocre to rubbish) when GH dropped Kevin Street? I think maybe he tinkered with the side too early (I reckon both Street and Meechan are worth a decent run in the side). By bringing Peyton back into the side (and not dropping Lawton), GH has take a step backwards when we have far better players on the bench.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »

I agree that playing Warren Paeyton is a step backwards, cannot fault his commitment ot work rate but I just do not feel he is good enough for this level, especially when, like you say, we have better players sat on the bench!

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

Denham has been class and dangerous in every game. If he can get his head up a bit earlier and we can get people in the box he'll create goals. But in my opinion, he has to start on the right wing!

Spot on there...good ability, but he MUST get his head up. If he were to see what people were doing around him and then decide to go outside/inside/cross the ball I think he could get an assist every other game.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Denham