Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 **URGENT** 3 THINGS ALTY FANS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT...

Author Topic: **URGENT** 3 THINGS ALTY FANS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT...  (Read 3456 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:32:39 PM »

... THE GAME AGAINST VICS ON NEW YEAR'S DAY AND THE NEW YEAR'S DAY RAFFLE.

1. RECEPTICLES, I NEED A RECEPTICLE This I suppose is the good news part of the draw so far. We've sold somewhere upto 600 books of tickets, which is nearly 3,000 individual tickets. Last Wednesday (23rd) myself, the Rowleys, Jenny, Dave and Chris Denham spent about 3 hours folding all these up. The end result being that the tombola we have is virtually full already.

DOES ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO HAS A LARGE TOMBOLA WE COULD BORROW FOR NYD?
If so, please email me via the forum or garethhthomas@tiscali.co.uk and I will be able to come and collect it.

2. RETURN OF SOLD TICKETS ASAP As you will be able to tell from above, folding tickets into quarters and putting them into a tombola is quite time consuming. We currently have only one person (Louise Gregory) who has volunteered to do this on NYD. We may sell 200 books of tickets at the game, we have 200 books out there being sold already.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING SOLD TICKETS WITH YOU TO THE GAME CAN YOU RETURN THEM TO MYSELF, FOZ, GRAHAME ROWLEY OR EVEN BETTER HAND THEM IN AT THE CLUB SHOP A.S.A.P ON NYD PLEASE? with money obviously, for folding purposes

3. VOLUNTEERS FOR HELP ON NYD I know that this is the last thing anyone really wants to do but if we are to make this a successfull draw please respond to this thread if you can help before/at half time/ after the game in these ways.

a) Selling tickets

- this can be done either by sitting in the bar and doing so or walking around the ground helping me (the only current seller), bear in mind we expect to have over 500 home fans who haven't been to a game or bought tickets it would be a tragedy if becuase of lack of numbers we could only sell to 40 of them

b) writing names on tickets / folding them up

To speed up selling tickets we have been asking people to put their name and tel no on the front ticket and filling in the other 4 in the book later. If you could sit in the bar or club shop and fill these in it would be a great help.

If you could sit next to this person and fold the tickets up into quarters that we be a huge help too.

Please bear in mind that we expect to sell a great deal of tickets after the match but before the draw at 5.30pm, a flurry of workers at that point could yield a golden profit.

Again, if you could help please email me here on the forum or garethhthomas@tiscali.co.uk or reply on this thread. It would be greatly appreciated.

We need to sell 400 more books of tickets to hit our 1000 book target, if you haven't already bought a ticket please make sure you get on at the game!!

markecky

Re: **URGENT** 3 THINGS ALTY FANS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »

Gaz, I will help with after match folding.

Not wishing to be negative but do you have a contigency plan if its off?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »

We would have to have a think about it but it I think we would have to postpone the draw in order that any tickets already sold could be returned and draw at the next home game (Witton at home in the CSC). We'd probably have to bite the bullet on any lost nyd sales as it wouldn't be feasable to wait much longer.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »

Ballers,

Have pm'd you, but I am happy to help.
Come on Alty!

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »

Hi ballers. Can get hold of a normal sized tombola that i could borrow for NYD if you still need me. I dont mind sitting in the bar before the match selling tickets if you still need someone to do it.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:22:09 AM »

The club has a tombola...or used to....think it's under the main stand where rocky lives?

we've used it for star draws before?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »

Full already Jezza, as I said.  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team