PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester on saturday
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gloucester on saturday  (Read 3448 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Gloucester on saturday
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 07:38:48 AM »

Talk about changing the back four is cheap. We only have Lees Brown Flynn Williams Lynch/Densmore to choose from.
Robbie Lawton ? Matt Fearon ? Joe Coombs ? Two of those three have started in the back four already, the third is arguably an improvement on Flynn (who we could release today for me).

I think you're wishing a bit there Phil. Robbie's stint at right back has convinced me that, how can I put this, his best position is stil in centre midfield. Matt Fearon did well in one game at Colwyn Bay but he is the youth team centre midfielder, not the right back - for a reason. And Joe physically is getting there but is still a young lad at least 2 years off regular 1st team adult football. If we were a middle of the road team then he could get experience but the whole point is we are talking about being at a level that he can't just dip into.
If the defence continues to be as brittle as it has been, anything is worth a try. And I thought Fearon was excellent at Colwyn Bay and didn't look an ounce out of place.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:40:51 AM by taxi Phil »

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »

As Gloucester scored all their goals from corners at Gainsborough,...it seems likely that we may need Robbie Williams at the back this saturday!

Any betting who will make upthe back four ?
Only two of the goals came from corners. One was a 35 yarder that the keeper spilled, and one was the result of a poor back pass. It appears the Trinity keeper had a mare, something I don't expect Stu to replicate !

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »

As Gloucester scored all their goals from corners at Gainsborough,...it seems likely that we may need Robbie Williams at the back this saturday!

Any betting who will make upthe back four ?
Only two of the goals came from corners. One was a 35 yarder that the keeper spilled, and one was the result of a poor back pass. It appears the Trinity keeper had a mare, something I don't expect Stu to replicate !

Just read that but I got this from one of their fans at the game who posted that they were all as a result of corners one way or another. Typical bulls.it it appears.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

Talk about changing the back four is cheap. We only have Lees Brown Flynn Williams Lynch/Densmore to choose from.
Robbie Lawton ? Matt Fearon ? Joe Coombs ? Two of those three have started in the back four already, the third is arguably an improvement on Flynn (who we could release today for me).

I think you're wishing a bit there Phil. Robbie's stint at right back has convinced me that, how can I put this, his best position is stil in centre midfield. Matt Fearon did well in one game at Colwyn Bay but he is the youth team centre midfielder, not the right back - for a reason. And Joe physically is getting there but is still a young lad at least 2 years off regular 1st team adult football. If we were a middle of the road team then he could get experience but the whole point is we are talking about being at a level that he can't just dip into.
If the defence continues to be as brittle as it has been, anything is worth a try. And I thought Fearon was excellent at Colwyn Bay and didn't look an ounce out of place.
Matt is suspended until 5th December.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester on saturday