Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport,..is it going to end in more tears?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stockport,..is it going to end in more tears?  (Read 4757 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:32:27 PM »

Am I the only one to wonder if we are about to witness yet another car crash by an ex-league team ?

New Chairman dodgy?  Vaughan in background? totally unproven manager, strange signings,...probably win the BSP then :D :D :D

bighairedmike

Re: Stockport,..is it going to end in more tears?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:21 PM »

To be honest, what the hell has it got to do with us?

They're in a different league to us this season so it's not gonna impact on us whatever happens

I'm sure that we have enough to concern ourselves about without feeling the need to get all self righteous about some other club.

If you're that interested maybe you'd like to go and watch them and report back to us?????

Most uncalled-for post ever.

Is this not a football forum, to talk about football, not just Altrincham fc?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:42 AM »

Ummm........not a lot else to discuss at the moment - it's a forum - they are a local club in the division we should be in - any more reasons needed ?.... ???
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:13:54 AM »

They're in a different league to us this season so it's not gonna impact on us whatever happens

I'm sure that we have enough to concern ourselves about without feeling the need to get all self righteous about some other club.

If you're that interested maybe you'd like to go and watch them and report back to us?????

I suggest you look at the topics on this forum,...you might notice that they arent all about Alty, as much as I love us ::) Why do you worry about referees then in non- Alty matches?

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »

Who rattled your cage??

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 12:16:51 PM »

Unreal, you excelled this time.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »

As much I genuinely enjoy our half time chats at games with you Phil, I do have to say you have a uncanny knack for upsetting the masses on this forum    ;)

Whenever I see you have posted a comment I always read it with slight intrepidation and wonder who will be the first to have a pop at you

Keep posting fella your posts make me smile

See you at half time on Sat  ;)

PS we had a decent ref last Sat (No surprise considering he is a premier ref)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »

there's a reason people are "having a pop" and it's because his post is completely uncalled for.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »

Arguably it's important for fans of other clubs to take an interest in the people running other clubs - you never know, people like Vaughan they might end up at your doorstep!
here's a link to Twohundredpercent's take on County's new ownership:
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=13820

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »

i have no time for phil at all anymore since he got personal and compared me to my brother in a debate on facebook

completly out of order

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »

Im going to get slated for this. Ready to don the tin hat and dive for cover. Following the reprise I will eat my hat, shorts, pantalons and probably cry my eyes out.

I agree. Out of the 4 sentences I completely agree with the first three. It gets tedious listening to ourselves spout about how great we are. these days I just see a load of football fans being robbed of their club, we dont need to add to it with patronising stuff.

The 4th sentence was a bit off. I would have probably gone for something with a bit more positive spin, but why let an endearing conclusion ruin a bloody good rant?

roytonmike

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »

Im going to get slated for this. Ready to don the tin hat and dive for cover. Following the reprise I will eat my hat, shorts, pantalons and probably cry my eyes out.
I agree. Out of the 4 sentences I completely agree with the first three. It gets tedious listening to ourselves spout about how great we are. These days I just see a load of football fans being robbed of their club, we don't need to add to it with patronising stuff.
The 4th sentence was a bit off. I would have probably gone for something with a bit more positive spin, but why let an endearing conclusion ruin a bloody good rant?
You're not going to get slated by me for one - I also am in complete agreement about the first three sentences.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »

I agree. Out of the 4 sentences I completely agree with the first three. It gets tedious listening to ourselves spout about how great we are. these days I just see a load of football fans being robbed of their club, we dont need to add to it with patronising stuff.

It was never remotely intended to be self righteous, and where does my post spout about how great we are?

Innocent observation = surprising response :o

robins1978

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »

Phil has as much right as any other forum user to voice his opinion on a post. There is one good thing about it Phil - at least its not another 'have a go at twiss' post!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:32:22 PM by robins1978 »

Narcissist

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »

It was never remotely intended to be self righteous, and where does my post spout about how great we are?

Innocent observation = surprising response :o

Yeah! Caught in the crossfire! Take that ya b@stard!

I think Phil's post was probably preemptive of a 3 page thread on how Stockport should take heed of the mighty well run club that is Alty. Something we do on a regular basis (cue someone telling me that's rubbish).

I think the original post doesn't take that tone but what else would the thread have turned into? What's more I'm not arsed about Stockport, more bothered about Alty right now. f**k everyone else, this is a real Alty time where all a lot of us care about is what we will shape up like on August 13th. Forget yet another badly run club its boring now, we know about it.

Nothing directed at you pukka I'm just echoing the sentiment I get from someone, who to be perfectly honest, isn't my best mate, nor my lover!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team