Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done again. Now we are playing football.

Author Topic: Well done again. Now we are playing football.  (Read 2224 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »

I watched the game on TV last night with a few beers and the lads and I have to say we played really really well again. Well done Graham for sticking to an attacking formation. Always said our best way to defend is to go at teams, in the past we would set our stall out to defend against teams and that would always invite pressure onto our defence and we would always go at goal or two down and then try and chase the game which for me was barmy having part time players. Graham please stick with this approach, I believe we will stay up playing this way, if we are beaten then don't change it, get the lads back up and believe in them. I must say I thought the second sub was done at the wrong time and that Peyton got no where near the man to stop the cross which led to the corner in which they scored from but thats footy. Anyway I was so happy last night and thought we should have won, well done to the management and players, keep this up. Its what the fans want and its the way Alty should play. Now lets kick some bottoms. Come on ALTY !!!!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done again. Now we are playing football.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »

Can I ask ON

Is it in your personal opinion a  fact that it is the fault of Mr Peyton that I got wet this morning or is it just that I forgot my brolly?

To think of the grief I got for my observations about Darren the Dinosaur whilst you seem to hold Warren responsible for all the world's woes

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »

You worked very hard there to find a way of blaming Peyton for the goal, I'll give you that!

Elam was out on his feet when subbed and would have faired no better.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:18:45 PM »

Can I ask ON

Is it in your personal opinion a  fact that it is the fault of Mr Peyton that I got wet this morning or is it just that I forgot my brolly?

To think of the grief I got for my observations about Darren the Dinosaur whilst you seem to hold Warren responsible for all the world's woes

Peyton in brolly stealing shocker.

I have to say that peyton didn't have the perfect cameo last night but his tiresome running helped keep them pinned back somewhat. I actually thought that Denham was more criminal last night than Peyton. He put us in trouble a couple of times by running into defenders. However, he was clearly just giving it too much, and I thought he looked pretty committed given the past 2 weeks.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »

Yeah I am a bit harsh on Peyton because it wasn't his fault he was put at that time. I just prefer him sat on the bench, not won a game this season except for the awful Lewes game with him starting and when he was put back into the team a few weeks back I thought we were doomed but hopefully we've turned that corner now and he can be a good squad player. Love his commitment but himself, joe and Meechan ain't good enough and hopefully the Lewes and other games showed Graham that. At the moment we are playing the footy we should be playing and what we all want to see, just hope Graham doesn't slip back to negative tactics if we get beat. Stick with this team and I think we'll surprise a few people. Densmore solid again, well done to the young lad.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 04:49:21 PM »

Elam was flagging and altho in an ideal world would have been to keep him on they were starting to put pressure on us and fresh legs were needed. As soon as someone looks tired they need to come off this season. We can't afford to carry any players towards end of games.

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

Yeah I am a bit harsh on Peyton because it wasn't his fault he was put at that time. I just prefer him sat on the bench, not won a game this season except for the awful Lewes game with him starting and when he was put back into the team a few weeks back I thought we were doomed but hopefully we've turned that corner now and he can be a good squad player. Love his commitment but himself, joe and Meechan ain't good enough and hopefully the Lewes and other games showed Graham that. At the moment we are playing the footy we should be playing and what we all want to see, just hope Graham doesn't slip back to negative tactics if we get beat. Stick with this team and I think we'll surprise a few people. Densmore solid again, well done to the young lad.

You're harsh on him because it wasn't his fault?

Did you see the game against kettering where he came on and had a fantastic 20 minutes or so? I know this was because he was played more as a central midfielder but still...he had a blinder. On that performance why shouldnt he be givena  crack in the team?

Isn't that what squad players do? Come on later in the game when people are getting tired?

Even to be that 'good squad player'?

Thats about all from me really, I do agree that we played well btu still think that you are being very harsh on Warren.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team