News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Where's Alty365 gone too ?

Author Topic: Where's Alty365 gone too ?  (Read 2212 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »

Outspoken fan with lots of interesting posts....

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Alty365 gone too ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »

Outspoken fan with lots of interesting posts....

Yes.

I wondered why I'd gone up a place in the postings order but couldn't work out who had gone off.

What's the story there? Has there been a row on here whilst I've been away?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:52 AM »

There was a bit of handbags with Uncle Glob. I've not seen 365 on here since which is a shame as he can provoke debate.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 10:20:13 AM »

Yes, it is a shame if that's provoked him to sign off. Perhaps he'll return when he's cooled off a bit?

I hope so. I didn't agree with him very often, I must admit, but he'd every right to voice him opinions and start/contribute to debates on here.

He's an Alty fan after all.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »

There was a bit of handbags with Uncle Glob. I've not seen 365 on here since which is a shame as he can provoke debate.

I think you'll find the handbags were pretty much all on his side. I have no problem whatsoever with him (which I said at the time) as everyone is entitled to their opinions (this is a forum after all).  It was during the Weymouth game when it sounded like we were getting a battering in the first half and he said he had a source at the ground who said we were not playing that badly.....I disagreed, he spat out his dummy and accused me of being a know-it-all and off he went into the ether. Take a look for yourselves:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=6789.msg67830#msg67830

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »

Already found it.
You're a bit of a case sometimes UG but I can't fault you there!  ;)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »

Already found it.
You're a bit of a case sometimes UG but I can't fault you there!  ;)

Thank you, I've tried to maintain the medication.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »

I think you'll find the handbags were pretty much all on his side. I have no problem whatsoever with him (which I said at the time) as everyone is entitled to their opinions (this is a forum after all).  It was during the Weymouth game when it sounded like we were getting a battering in the first half and he said he had a source at the ground who said we were not playing that badly.....I disagreed, he spat out his dummy and accused me of being a know-it-all and off he went into the ether. Take a look for yourselves:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=6789.msg67830#msg67830

In fairness, and Alty365s absence, it wasn't only that particular thread. He did say on other occasions where you'd been an arse (in his opinion), whether you were or not, it hasn't been because of one incident.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »

In fairness, and Alty365s absence, it wasn't only that particular thread. He did say on other occasions where you'd been an arse (in his opinion), whether you were or not, it hasn't been because of one incident.

Well, yes that is what he said, but I have never had any problem with him in any thread anywhere before (that I can recall). If he thinks I was being an arse with other people, then again I can not see what for (and anyway that's for others to say). The only person I've had any 'exchange' with really is Hugh over the GH issue and that was hardly an argument as such, but you'd have to ask Hugh if he was offended (I don't think any less of Hugh for it). We could find lots of examples from many people on here where textual disagreements have occurred, but they don't pick up their keyboard and storm off. The very essence of any forum is opinion and if we all agreed with each other and heaped praise upon each other, it would make for vomit-inducing reading.

In all fairness, that did literally come out of nowhere and if you are going to storm off of a forum just because someone does not agree with you then you have serious problems. As someone else in that thread pointed out, Alty365's statement was somewhat hypocritical given some of his previous outpourings on here.

Anyway, it matters not to me at any rate. He's welcome back as far as I'm concerened, the more the merrier.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team