PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TESCOS BOYCOTT
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TESCOS BOYCOTT  (Read 6989 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
TESCOS BOYCOTT
« on: November 09, 2007, 01:56:23 PM »

Personally, I've decided that I won't be shopping at Tescos again. I feel that they have used our biggest day for years to get some free publicity that they hardly need. They have contributed nothing to this club and indeed have badly affected local shops. That was by the by before but I am pissed off about the way they have shamelessy exploited this Millwall game.

Not a major point I know and they'll hardly miss my custom but from now on I will be shopping at local shops or just to stick one up at them Sainsburys in Alty.

That said, weekly shopping must equate to a couple of thousand pounds a year. I would urge any Alty fans who use Tesco to boycott them as well, I'd like them to miss out on the revenue that we're missing out on with this cup tie scaremongering.

markecky

Re: TESCOS BOYCOTT
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »

I'm with you Ballers, I use Tesco in Baguley and I won't be doing again.  They have cost the club a lot of money in my opinion and i wouldn't mind betting they did  it for publicity.  I reckon its a struggle to get them to close on Christmas day never mind for a football match.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »

They won't miss me as I'm a Sainsburys shopper anyway.  Never liked that ghastly carbunkle on Manor Road ever since it was foisted on the town - rubbish shop

James Black

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 02:05:56 PM »

ballers m8 no offence but tesco is cheaper than anyof the other major supermarkets.I work at alty tesco's and it's nothing to do with publicity,its to do with their secuirity company having enough staff as they only hire two members to work at a certain time there will be 5 or 6 secuirity staff on between the arrivall of the first train that arrives at piccadilly manchester on saturday till 7pm.

mitchymoo

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »

ballers m8 no offence but tesco is cheaper than anyof the other major supermarkets.I work at alty tesco's and it's nothing to do with publicity,its to do with their secuirity company having enough staff as they only hire two members to work at a certain time there will be 5 or 6 secuirity staff on between the arrivall of the first train that arrives at piccadilly manchester on saturday till 7pm.

while you are on mate, i bought some avocado's from your gaff the other week and when i cut them open they were black inside so dont come on here all high and mighty.

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »

Any boycott will only be temporary for most people because Tesco are the cheapest despite what ASDA say. A lot of people will stay at home with the curtains closed and the doors locked so i will be taking advantage of this by parking in Tesco's. That's the plan anyway.

Railway Alty

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »

>:(FFS how many do they think are coming? For petes sake most will be on coaches which will be going straight to the chequers end anywayCOME ON THE MIGHTY ROBINS

markecky

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 02:09:36 PM »

James,

This closure "scheme" got them on the front of the Messenger for zero pounds.

That is the fact of it for me.

BrianVino

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 02:15:08 PM »

I thought this was an alty footy site who cares which supermarket is the cheapest!

ps im a lidl man meself. cheap as chips for booze. tellin ya.

joe

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »

I shop at Tesco Baguley,well i used to until they used our club for free publicity. I will now be doing my weekly shop at Asda or Morrisons.

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »

To be fair your SPG is improving impressivley.

I have to agree that it was an absolute stunt. What were they thinking? I cant believe how easy it is to capture a towns imagination. Its pretty embarrassing all this batten down the hatches lark. Do tesco close their local store for every Millwall away game? There lies the answer!

I'll never be darkening their doorstep again.

Couple this fiasco with the GMP's attempt to create a 'dry town' and Altrincham  is a laughing stock. 

Redmeister

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »

Aldi opens next week! shop there you.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »

Is Aldi ok? I have never been in one!!

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »

I already use Morrisons anyway (it's a far better supermarket as well).

Tesco have behaved apallingly and I hope their business suffers as a result of their shameful actions.

We all agree, that Sainsbury's is better than Tescos!

baldrick

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »

Aldi is in the same league as Netto and Lidl
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TESCOS BOYCOTT