Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Collection for Micky Woodward last night.

Author Topic: Collection for Micky Woodward last night.  (Read 3480 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 21, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »

I wanted to buy Micky Woodward a drink last night but was shy, he also had his entourage (who were thoroughly nice people) wth him so had a little whip round last night. Obviously it was nothing really official and I only asked people I knew if they wnated to chip.

So if you did put money in the pot, first of all thanks and just to let you  know we ended up with £55.50. Now as it turned out Geoff had already said that anything Mick Woodward and his friends wanted from the bar was to be on the house and at no point was he to have to pay for anything. Having already given us £20,000 last year effectively

I gave it to Jenny who gave it Mick Woodward and forced him to accept it and get themselves a drink or some fish and chips on the way home or something. I'm told he was overwhelmed and very touched that anyone was arsed at all (God knows how he'd feel if he knew just how much respect and gratitude we have for him). Being the (in my opinion) very humble bloke that he is he wouldn't accept it at first but as I say Jenny forced him and again he was very touched.

So thanks for contributing and thank you Mick Woodward for all that you've done for us and we have you here next season for a conference national fixture.

Oh and also the night was topped off by getting the chance to have a chat with one of my all time Alty heroes Nicky Daws. Top man and obviously a great deal of affection still for the club and GH. Magic player and still look like he could play now (think he's about 37/38)

Jezza

Re: Collection for Micky Woodward last night.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »

Good for you Ballers. A great gesture to let the man know how grateful we are and how much we appreciate him.

Rich

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »

Oh and also the night was topped off by getting the chance to have a chat with one of my all time Alty heroes Nicky Daws. Top man and obviously a great deal of affection still for the club and GH. Magic player and still look like he could play now (think he's about 37/38)

Can he play on a Monday Night?

Woodward has been very welcoming to us Morecambeites on our two visits. A good man, albeit a bit "delboy". 

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 06:24:24 PM »

Yes, Mick Woodward is a great bloke and as you say Delboyish. I'm sure he has rubbed some people somewhere up the wrong way as people who make a huge amount of money tend to need to have an edge to them... but you can only take people as you see them and every time I've come across him and his friends they've been really nice and humble.

Please do not ever mention Nicky Daws and our monday night shower of..  in the same sentence please.

p.s. 1165 at 4th place Morecambe rich? This was umbro mans face  :o >:( ::) :P

Rich

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »

We'll have 6000 for the playoff semi. All will come out about how good a bloke Sammy is and how they're glad that Harveys gone. Until then, they'll complain and bithc that we're not 14 points clear of Dagenham and we're not pissing this tinpot league and despair that we "never used to get beaten by pub teams like Altrincham" and convince people to stay away in droves.

The place drives me round the bend. We'll win a few on the bonuce and it'll be back up to 2000 in April. The fickleness never ceases to amaze me.

teasybeaver

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

We'll have 6000 for the playoff semi. All will come out about how good a bloke Sammy is and how they're glad that Harveys gone. Until then, they'll complain and bithc that we're not 14 points clear of Dagenham and we're not pissing this tinpot league and despair that we "never used to get beaten by pub teams like Altrincham" and convince people to stay away in droves.

The place drives me round the bend. We'll win a few on the bonuce and it'll be back up to 2000 in April. The fickleness never ceases to amaze me.

Unfortunately thats what fans in this tinpot league are like. But you should know this as its the highest either of our clubs have ever been in the national structure.

All that money and your still in Alty's pub league!

Rich

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:54:38 AM »

Very true. I'll miss it when we finally get into the football league. I'll still pop down to the odd alty game though, there again, I am a "Friend of Altrincham"!!!

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 12:43:06 PM »

Very true. I'll miss it when we finally get into the football league. I'll still pop down to the odd alty game though, there again, I am a "Friend of Altrincham"!!!

A goodwin for that!

Ps sorry ballers for the needless post that you despise so much, and praise be for the collection for Woodward, an Alty legend forever more!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team