News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kevin Lampkin

Author Topic: Kevin Lampkin  (Read 3401 times)

lee_ht

Kevin Lampkin
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »

Hi,
Huddersfield fan here, I am wondering if anyone knows whatever happened to Kevin Lampkin, who played in midfield for you? Does anyone now what he is up to now, or his current location?

we are trying to get a photo signed for my little lad of Kevin when he played for Huddersfield and cant seem to trace him anywhere.

Just wondered if anyone out there know where he is working or where we would be able to contact him.

Many thanks

(I did come on here two years ago and was told that Kevin worked at somewhere called Roberts Bakery in Northwich, however, could anyone confirm this to be true?)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Lampkin
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »

Never heard of him but someone may have he can't have played that many first team games or I would remember him although there are more knowledgeable people than me who may remember him do recall you coming on here last time though

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »

I vaguely remember him. Played for us in the late 90's (98/99 maybe). He must have been either very good or very bad for him to stick out as I was only young at the time.

No idea how to get hold of him though, sorry.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 05:28:12 AM »

a quick search on him only comes up with info you probably are aware of....that made 100 apps for mansfield and then played for ilkestion town.....there is a team photo including  him here http://www.lusa.u-net.com/player978.htm ....he will probably be flattered to get some attention as no-one on here can remember him!!!!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:01:57 AM »

I'm not actually certain that he played a competitive game for us......if so it was only one or two.

My recollections are that he came with a good reputation & did quite well for us pre-season, but that he had an injury which he wasn't recovered from & came to the conclusion that he couldn't carry on playing.

This may be wildly inaccurate!

The Cult will reveal all later today!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »

Jeezus I hope not!!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »

Jeezus I hope not!!!

To the George Clooney of the Altrincham Referees Society,

How dare you!

I'll have you know that, as a special Christmas present, my wife was kind enough to give me a copy of Michael Twiss' Zumba Fitness & Maple Syrup Diet DVD and as a result of watching this repeatedly, I have now reached a stunning level of peak fitness that I had previously deemed to be unthinkable.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »

Jeezus I hope not!!!

To the George Clooney of the Altrincham Referees Society,

How dare you!

I'll have you know that, as a special Christmas present, my wife was kind enough to give me a copy of Michael Twiss' Zumba Fitness & Maple Syrup Diet DVD and as a result of watching this repeatedly, I have now reached a stunning level of peak fitness that I had previously deemed to be unthinkable.

I suppose that means you'll only be getting a taxi back from the pub instead of both ways ? No wonder I'm skint  ::)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 12:30:39 AM »

I'm not actually certain that he played a competitive game for us......if so it was only one or two.

My recollections are that he came with a good reputation & did quite well for us pre-season, but that he had an injury which he wasn't recovered from & came to the conclusion that he couldn't carry on playing.

This may be wildly inaccurate!

Brian,

Details of this character's transitory tenure at Moss Lane have proved difficult to unearth.

He arrived during the 1997/98 pre-season, in the wake of our first relegation from the Conference.

I have a record of him wearing the No. 7 shirt for Alty in a 3-0 friendly defeat against a Manchester United XI at Moss Lane on Friday, 8th August 1997, during which he was replaced by the diminutive Steve Carroll.

Incidentally, the Old Trafford team's line-up on that particular evening included Danny Higginbotham; Ben Thornley and a certain Michael Twiss.

Lampkin definitely never registered an appearance for Alty in a competitive fixture.

I have been unable to establish the reason(s) for his departure but I suspect that your theory is correct.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 01:13:22 AM »

From what I remember he was sh*t. This may have contributed to his departure.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »

From what I remember he was sh*t. This may have contributed to his departure.

Ballers,

Your observation may well be true.

However, that criterion hasn't always meant that players haven't gone on to hang around at Moss Lane for a season or two.....

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »

I know who Dougie Lampkin is. He was ace on Junior Kickstart...!!

Peter Purves's commentary was second to none.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kevin Lampkin