PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester City expelled
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Chester City expelled  (Read 8781 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Chester City expelled
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »

According to Confguide.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 12:41:15 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

markecky

Re: Chester City expelled
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »

Its on the Oxford Official Site.

Have that Andrew Perry...POW!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »

Not very surprised. Sad for their fans ... but glad the Clubs had the balls to do it.

2000 posts!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »

Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »

At last, closure on a long and protracted mess from day 1.

Good luck to Chester United on the rebirth of there club.

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 01:10:22 PM »

Yep our friend Colin Peake has just done an interview on SSN confirming.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »

On 5 live too.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

penfold

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

Local radio stations have announced the news, its about time really...The conference only have themselves to blame. Chester was in crisis when they got relegated from the football league, and it was clear then the club was run by a bunch of charleton’s. The fate of their club should have been decided in the summer, and the same thing should have happened to them as did to Boston. Once again its a prime example of this league being run but monkeys.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »

The right result and hopefully the old club will now just die, vaughan will never go anywhere near another football club and a new club will set up and thrive like Telford.

This sort of issue needs dealing with by independent means with a bond being paid by the club to guarantee it's fixtures.

I think we will lose out slightly by losing the 4 points but we and everyone else has to grin and bear it as if chester had never started the season....fairest way.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »

Local radio stations have announced the news, its about time really...The conference only have themselves to blame. Chester was in crisis when they got relegated from the football league, and it was clear then the club was run by a bunch of charleton’s. The fate of their club should have been decided in the summer, and the same thing should have happened to them as did to Boston. Once again its a prime example of this league being run but monkeys.

I thought The Conf Board had to accept Chester or the FL would withdraw their agreement to the 2nd promotion/relegation spot. Given a majority of the member clubs in the Premier are full-time and consider themselves in competition for the 2nd spot (some campaigning for a 3rd) I don't think the Board had much option but to accept Chester, irrespective as to how they might have felt themselves.

I know the Conf Board get a bad press and all that, but compare its stance on administration to that of the great Premier League. Portsmouth £60m in debt lose 9 points, any Conf team, inc N & S get 10 points docked and kicked out if they're still in administration at the end of the season they entered it. Sure, some of us would like admin to equal automatic relegation, but in comparison to the "elite" league the Conf Board is way ahead in terms of getting its member's finances sorted. 

penfold

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »

I think this summer the Premier league, Football League, Conference and anyone else associated with British football should have a conference and come up with some new legislation or rules to prevent this season’s fiasco from happening again. Like JHT has said there is one set of rules for the premiership teams and another set for the lower leagues. I don’t see how this can be; all the clubs from the premiership to the conference and lower are all business and competing with one another.  The football league needs to have a serious look at its self and realise Chester were doomed from  the start;  they should have seen sense and agreed with the conference to send them down even further, and not be a set of toe rags and threatening to remove the second place promotion spot if they didn’t get there way.
In an ideal world no club should be able to be promoted if they are in serious debt, an example of this would be Cardiff City, they have serious money issues and are aiming for Premier League football next year. If you don’t have the funds you shouldn’t be given the opportunity to get promoted.  I also this there is a serious amount of corruption in football, now I’m not referring to Crawley town here, but how on earth can football club have 4 different owners(Porthsmouth) in the space of 9 months, its disgraceful. It’s about time a law was created in this country that prevented any business from buying another company if the original business has debt.
Finally there needs to be fixed penalties on all clubs who breach rules i.e. if you enter administration you should be given a 10 point deduction, and not 9 points because you play your football in the Billy big bollocks league.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »

You can't call them 'Monkeys' ?

That's another letter on the way from Mr Strudwick I suspect !

Chester gone..
Portsmouth in Administartion,
Winding up petition on Bournemouth,

at this rate Alty could end up in Division Two come next season by default !!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »

i agree with CP Alty, however the main problem with the FA concerns the use of chairmen / directors of their clubs teams in the positions to make any difference.

You dont exactly see board members of electricity companies on the board of ofgem.

There needs to be a complete overhall of the regulation of football. Too many teams have been able to get away with overspeding, going into admin and getting rid of some of their debts. The FA needs to grow some balls, and sort this mess out. No doubt they will bury their heads in the sand again, and do nothing.

I do feel sorry for the conference board, undoubtly they were pressured into accepting Chester (which was accepted by all the member clubs before the season started). But they need to try and bring in some prohibitive rules in so clubs cannot live outside of their means.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »

and they never got to the heady heights of zero points

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »

and they never got to the heady heights of zero points
!

They have now!!