PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A HOME TIE!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A HOME TIE!  (Read 5190 times)

York Alty

Re: A HOME TIE!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 11:03:47 PM »

Waste of floodlights! Right at the end of January when everyone will be superskint as well. Could be a contender for our worst ever home crowd, I reckon.

Scrap this outdated farce of a competition!

Such was our devotion in the mid-80s, one freezing cold night, me and my mate went to a CSC game against General Chemicals. I think we won 3-0 or 4-0, and I seem to remember a rare Phil Gardner goal (could be wrong). There was no programme, just a photocopied A4 sheet folded in half with the line-ups of the teams. I reckon the crowd was about 200. Them were the days....

Used to go to the CSC games back then. they'd love 200 at home in that now.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »

Waste of floodlights! Right at the end of January when everyone will be superskint as well. Could be a contender for our worst ever home crowd, I reckon.

Such was our devotion in the mid-80s, one freezing cold night, me and my mate went to a CSC game against General Chemicals. I think we won 3-0 or 4-0, and I seem to remember a rare Phil Gardner goal (could be wrong). There was no programme, just a photocopied A4 sheet folded in half with the line-ups of the teams. I reckon the crowd was about 200. Them were the days....

I think it was 4-0...not certain though.

Wasn't Phil Gardner's goal a rather remarkable effort at the Golf Road End from right on the byline? I seem to remember that he may have put in a block tackle that whistled high into the far corner.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:25 PM »

I think it was 4-0...not certain though.

Wasn't Phil Gardner's goal a rather remarkable effort at the Golf Road End from right on the byline? I seem to remember that he may have put in a block tackle that whistled high into the far corner.

I think you may be right. I was thinking about it today... i can kind of imagine an intended cross which drifted in. I was stood very near him when he scored. Phil Gardner eh? Never the most glamorous player in my era.

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »

Scores from the CSC.

Winsford United 0-4 Northwich Victoria, att. 61.
Northwich Flixton Villa 0-3 1874 Northwich

I can't get this into my head... Can anybody fill in the gaps please?

Northwich Victoria - the original green 'n while slime.  Is that correct?

1874 Northwich - the fans breakaway club.  Is that right?

What/who are Northwich Flixton Villa?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »

What/who are Northwich Flixton Villa?

I think they are Northwich Reserves, but I may be wrong.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »

Originally named Woodley Reserves and latterly Woodley, they played in the Mid Cheshire League (now the Cheshire League)

They were "owned" and managed by Jim Rushe who, when he took over Northwich Vics sort of installed them as a Vics Reserve Team

Upon promotion to the North West Counties they had to become an independent Club - Northwich Villa. The additional Flixton bit, I believe was added when they moved into the ground at Flixton leased by JR for Vics but which they were not allowed to move to at the time.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »

Originally named Woodley Reserves and latterly Woodley, they played in the Mid Cheshire League (now the Cheshire League)

They were "owned" and managed by Jim Rushe who, when he took over Northwich Vics sort of installed them as a Vics Reserve Team

Upon promotion to the North West Counties they had to become an independent Club - Northwich Villa. The additional Flixton bit, I believe was added when they moved into the ground at Flixton leased by JR for Vics but which they were not allowed to move to at the time.

All these teams ............................ and none of them play in Northwich!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A HOME TIE!