Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge game at Moss Lane on Saturday!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stalybridge game at Moss Lane on Saturday!  (Read 9392 times)

AT

Re: Stalybridge game at Moss Lane on Saturday!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 03:08:24 PM »

Firstly there are no dates available to rearrange fixtures at the Bower Fold if the season is to finish on time

Secondly our Football Development Officer had nothing to do with this - It is a Secretary Level communication as will be any other conversations Stalybridge may have this season with the likes of Hyde (reportedly their preferred choice), Harrogate, Curzon Ashton etc.

Don't go looking for big sticks to beat the Club with I'm sure more than enough have been manufactured recently

I think you just provided one of the Sticks...

Malty G

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »

Thanks Phil. I was just fishing for information. Much obliged. So is there a conflict of interest?

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »

I imagine our Football Development Officer had something to do with that.

I must confess that I do find it somewhat bewildering that our Football Development Officer, one Neil Tolson Esq., also happens to be on the current coaching staff of one of our rivals in this division.

Isn't this rather a potential conflict of interest?

I thought that Neil Tolson had left whatever role at the club that he held upon his appointment at Stalybridge?

This news item from our official website dated 13th February certainly seems to indicate as much.

'Stalybridge Celtic report that "Steve Burr has confirmed today that [former Altrincham acting manager] Neil Tolson will join his backroom staff at the club."
Since the end of last season Neil has been coaching for the Altrincham FC Community initiative.

Neil joined Altrincham under the management of Lee Sinnott at the beginning of June 2011, as Assistant Manager. Following the departure of Lee Sinnott, Neil became caretaker Manager from 9 March 2016 but, over the final eleven games of the season, he was unable to keep the club in the national division of the National League.

Altrincham FC thanks Neil for his services and wishes him well in his new role
'

I'd absolutely say that it's a conflict of interest if he has remained in post.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »

I must confess that I do find it somewhat bewildering that our Football Development Officer, one Neil Tolson Esq., also happens to be on the current coaching staff of one of our rivals in this division.

I thought that Neil Tolson had left whatever role at the club that he held upon his appointment at Stalybridge?

This news item from our official website dated 13th February certainly seems to indicate as much.

'Stalybridge Celtic report that "Steve Burr has confirmed today that [former Altrincham acting manager] Neil Tolson will join his backroom staff at the club."
Since the end of last season Neil has been coaching for the Altrincham FC Community initiative.

Neil joined Altrincham under the management of Lee Sinnott at the beginning of June 2011, as Assistant Manager. Following the departure of Lee Sinnott, Neil became caretaker Manager from 9 March 2016 but, over the final eleven games of the season, he was unable to keep the club in the national division of the National League.

'

I took that final sentence as an implication he had left the club in any capacity. Can someone clarify?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 04:29:06 PM »

'

I took that final sentence as an implication he had left the club in any capacity. Can someone clarify?

He's still listed on the official website as being involved at the club: 

Community Sports Hall

Manager: Stacey Rowley
    Community Coordinator: Judy Henson
    Football Development Officer: Neil Tolson

Also, in the Robins Review for the game against Nuneaton Town last Tuesday evening, the list of Altrincham FC's officials etc. had finally been updated to accommodate the recent appointments to the board of both Bill Waterson and Mike Adams (plus the respective exits of Andrew Shaw and Paul Daine) but Neil Tolson is still named as our Football Development Officer.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 05:25:06 PM »

'

He's still listed on the official website as being involved at the club:  

Community Sports Hall

Manager: Stacey Rowley
    Community Coordinator: Judy Henson
    Football Development Officer: Neil Tolson

Also, in the Robins Review for the game against Nuneaton Town last Tuesday evening, the list of Altrincham FC's officials etc. had finally been updated to accommodate the recent appointments to the board of both Bill Waterson and Mike Adams (plus the respective exits of Andrew Shaw and Paul Daine) but Neil Tolson is still named as our Football Development Officer.

That seems to be clear. I wonder if any of the kids who attended the game last weekend on a free ticket have been coached by NT and came along to support our employee's Saturday team instead of us? I wonder if he'll be encouraging them to get across to the Horsfall this Saturday or perhaps he'll see them down at Moss Lane again?

A straightforward way to stop these perhaps imagined conspiracies or 'manufactured beating sticks' (delete as necessary) would be for either party involved to remove this clear conflict of interest. If that is of course the paramount interest is that of Altrincham FC. I'm very sorry to say this, but this relatively trivial event, when seen alongside so much else, leads me to seriously to doubt it is.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:27:48 PM by JTH »

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 06:03:15 PM »

I believe that far too much isw being read into this, maybe innocently maybe not.

Neil Tolson works for interactive sports helping to deliver the BTEC programme. He also coaches members of the Juniors, as do many other people, a number of whom have links to other Clubs in our League and others

Interactive are his employer, not Altrincham FC

I believe from others who work with the Junior Male Teams that he has brought in more, better players since getting involved in the Juniors, dissuading one particularly outstanding prpspect from leaving Alty Juniors

Life and particularly sport, I believe relies on trust between adults and this trust is admirably displayed in the relationship between Neil and the Football Club

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 06:15:28 PM »

Interestingly, his name has now been removed from the website!!

However, by way of an aside, Paul Daine remains listed as a Director and Mike Adams has not been added. I wonder how quickly these oversights will remain on the website?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 06:24:06 PM »

However, by way of an aside, Paul Daine remains listed as a Director and Mike Adams has not been added. I wonder how quickly these oversights will remain on the website?

The board members' details on the official website are correct (though Bill Waterson and Mike Adams respectively have yet to have their images added).

Neil Tolson remains listed as Football Development Officer, as far as I can see:

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/clubofficials.htm

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Malty G

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 06:25:28 PM »

Was he working for Interactive Sports when the club thanked him for his services? If there is no conflict of interest why the need to suggest he was leaving? Does he spend any time at the ground during the week?

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »

The board members' details on the official website are correct (though Bill Waterson and Mike Adams respectively have yet to have their images added).

Neil Tolson remains listed as Football Development Officer, as far as I can see:

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/clubofficials.htm

Ah ok mate, perhaps I was looking at a different version. My information was coming from the " Who's Who " tab on the website

Malty G

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »

Phil, have any of the other coaches been in the away dugout at Moss Lane this season?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »

I believe that far too much isw being read into this, maybe innocently maybe not.

Neil Tolson works for interactive sports helping to deliver the BTEC programme. He also coaches members of the Juniors, as do many other people, a number of whom have links to other Clubs in our League and others

Interactive are his employer, not Altrincham FC

I believe from others who work with the Junior Male Teams that he has brought in more, better players since getting involved in the Juniors, dissuading one particularly outstanding prpspect from leaving Alty Juniors

Life and particularly sport, I believe relies on trust between adults and this trust is admirably displayed in the relationship between Neil and the Football Club

Phil, thanks for your very helpful explanation of Neil Tolson's current contractual position, it's a pity it directly contradicts the published information on both the club's official website and programme (of only 2 days ago). It might've been an idea to have made this clear via the website at the time of NT's appointment at Stalybridge. Presumably when this clear and obvious conflict of interest presented itself it was recognised by all parties concerned and was thus satisfactorily addressed as you outline. When such conflicts arise it's important clear and unambiguous lines are there for all to see.

For those that didn't know, Interactive Sports registered office is in Rochdale but according to their website they co-ordinate all their multinational operations from the following address:-

J. Davidson Stadium
Moss Lane
Altrincham
Cheshire
WA15 8AP

http://www.isportsgroup.co.uk/ 

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »

Hmmm !

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »

I believe he still has a key to the ground, and let himself in on Saturday morning
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge game at Moss Lane on Saturday!