Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need to recreate the Chester atmosphere tomorrow...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We need to recreate the Chester atmosphere tomorrow...  (Read 6799 times)

markecky

« on: November 30, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »

(I don't mean all run on the pitch)

We need to get the place bouncing tomorrow, no excuses, we're all in it together and you don't need 15 pints of real ale to start a song.

The Barrow fans will have a sing so lets get packed in that corner and behind the goal and get it rocking.

Lets get all them young lads who came to Chester right in with the singers and lets roar the lads on to victory.

Knutsford Alty

Re: We need to recreate the Chester atmosphere tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »

Hoping Barrow bring a good number down to help get the atmosphere going.

However numbers might be a little down from them having been to Oxford twice in eight days.

COME ON ALTY

Lew Needham

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »

Good post Ecky.

Totally agree lets get a quality atmosphere going,they are usually good games against Barrow!

I think we should adopt the Stockport chant which they used to sing for James Smith, anyone seen the clip on Youtube?? -it's brilliant!

If someone could post it then be much appreciated as i can't get Youtube at work!!

Also lets hope Steve from Sale gets the chance to show us his moves on the terraces!!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 04:32:11 PM »

I reckon they will bring about 200 although that is without any research on their forum.

I'd expect 400 from them on a Saturday.

Although some of their fans can be clowns I have a lot of respect for Barrow and the potential they have.  Always amazes me how if they have a big game they can get huge crowds like 5,000 and stuff.

I remember them locking people out in a game against someone like Dover a few years back....maybe a big trophy game?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Barrow and the potential they have

I know what you mean Ecky but they will always struggle to fulfil their potential with where the town is based.

Don’t the team train down here in the Manchester area to avoid the players having to do that awkward journey to Barrow?

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Barrow and the potential they have

I know what you mean Ecky but they will always struggle to fulfil their potential with where the town is based.

Don’t the team train down here in the Manchester area to avoid the players having to do that awkward journey to Barrow?

It's a blessing for them in a way though. There's nothing else around there - either in terms of general stuff to do, or other decent football clubs. We have Manchester City Centre, Salford Quays, the Trafford Centre, Manchester United, Manchester City and Stockport County to compete with. They have the National Submarine Museum or whatever it's called, and perhaps the odd ploughing competition a few miles up the road.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »

Spot on Ecky, and if the game is as entertaining as last year's home fixture I don't think there will be a problem with creating such an atmosphere!

I think we should adopt the Stockport chant which they used to sing for James Smith, anyone seen the clip on Youtube?? -it's brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qix7U2Kl69E
Do you mean that one?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

Me and big old Frosty will be with the singers we are going to sneak cans of lager in our socks into the game
Come on you red and white........

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »

Lads

I will be there tomorrow night, and my knee is a little better today so will be amongst you all. Irrespective of the dance and if the players do this after a goal, I would still like to hear the McAliskey chant as well as the other player chants. Lets at least adopt the chant for John. He is new and he needs all the encouragement. I don't have a clue why, but I think given more time he could become a goal machine.

In my book the sooner he hears us the better, so he knows we are right behind him.

You never know it may persuade the players to do their party piece as well as me!!

Come on lads, lets get Macca fired up before the game even starts.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 05:53:25 PM »

I think we should ignore all other chants and just sing about the player who is likely to be a sub!

Seriously Steve, get a grip now mate.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:54:58 PM by markecky »

markecky

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »

Me and big old Frosty will be with the singers we are going to sneak cans of lager in our socks into the game

Wayne, that'll be your jeans and lager tucked into your socks...

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

No worries Ecky mate

I'll play it all by ear amd see what happens

Steve

rick

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »

well said, great post!! i always want to start chants but coming to the game alone always feel a bit daft!!! but il be there tommorow joining in.

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »

I can't make it, but I'll be wearing my Alty top as usual on match day.  COME ON ALTY.  COME ON ALTY

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »

well said, great post!! i always want to start chants but coming to the game alone always feel a bit daft!!! but il be there tommorow joining in.

There's no need to feel daft. Stand with the other singers and if you start songs people will join in.
Come on Alty!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team