News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why We Have To Live With It

Author Topic: Why We Have To Live With It  (Read 1692 times)

DAB @ ALTY

« on: September 12, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »

The way that the club is run ie. by a board of directors that was assembled by GH
himself & not a situation where they appointed the manager,then I can only see
any changes when GH makes his own decision to step aside.We have been in this
slagging off the manager situation on numerous occasions in the past & nothing
has changed.It is my opinion that it will never change unless a major new development
comes along ie. huge investments in the club.So I just think that we have to put up with
what we have got & if we don't like it then we stay away until those changes happen.
We had a chance to put our views forward at a fans forum the other Thursday but I didn't
witness many of the views that I have been reading about being brought up then.So I just
don't see the board ever sacking GH, it will be up to him as to what he decides are in the
best interests of the club & that is the reason why we have to live with it until that day
comes along.Of course I know that there are other methods of bringing about change
but that is up to us the fans to sort out.

jamestimperleyrobin

Re: Why We Have To Live With It
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:36:43 AM »

I'm not even joking, if we lost at Eastbourne and if the players came out in the next home game laughing and joking to each other I think we should just boo them

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:44:41 AM »

I personally have never agreed with boo-ing players but each to their own. I would rather not clap them and pay them no attention if I feel like they have let the club down.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »

I'm not even joking, if we lost at Eastbourne and if the players came out in the next home game laughing and joking to each other I think we should just boo them

You want they should come out blubbing into a Kleenex ? Team spirit is important, and I don't think lack of it is at the cause of our current dilemma. If they come out looking grim, they already have the mindset of losers. Booing them is not constructive and should be avoided. The effect on younger lads like Williams would be negative in the extreme.

If there is a particular player out on that pitch who is patently not pulling his weight, then by all means have a go at him (and I've nobody in mind just now), but otherwise remember we're SUPPORTERS and as hard as it is, do your level best to encourage the lads, and keep their heads up.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »

James, I know your one of our fantastic younger fans but don't read to much into the fact that if you see a player laughing or joke before a game that they dont care.  They are human.

If you see them them laughing and joking walking off then throw your season ticket at them.

From what I have seen there has been no laughing or joking at all..the players do care.

However some of them don't care enough to put bodies on the line I'm afraid.  And that is what we need now...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:54:30 AM by markecky »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:53:33 AM »

In a selfish and suppose weird way I hope the posts help the players, as I said before GH could use them as motivation to the players... To show their support for him and that he is the right man for the job ?

I suppose the posts I am doing I do cos I want a reaction, and the only action I want personally is Altrincham competing better in the league.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team