News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Forum wars

Author Topic: Forum wars  (Read 2131 times)

Robins Retweet

Forum wars
« on: January 02, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »

I've noticed a huge differance between forums in this league, eg harrogate seem very polite and stalybridge complete tards....

Whats you fave and least fave club forums????? ::)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Forum wars
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:04:30 PM »

Portchat is the best to read, although I haven't done for a while.

Once you work out all the factions and why they hate each other it becomes really compelling.

Not really bothered by any particular forum, however, hullablue and Dazza KTFC have to be two of the oddest, most argumentative people to ever have bashed furiously at a keyboard.

Any issue involving Alty you knew exactly what their position would be, and they'd keep going on and on and on about it for weeks.

Some of the running jokes about us can be a bit irritating, especially the one about Alty fans spreading out at away games. This is particularly annoying because it's actually true!

At Stalybridge last week there must have been about 30 Alty fans who stayed to watch the first half from the bar end of the ground.  ???
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:13:53 PM »

In our current league most of them lack sufficient levels of traffic to be worth reading. The Conference North forum I just find a bit tedious to be honest, full of angry Internet warriors from small towns in the Midlands, most threads seem to quickly descend into slanging matches. Marquis does some good trolling on there though tbf which always sets off the Tameside biscuit brigade.

I'd agree Port Chat was always a favourite with the levels of carping and bitterness on there something to behold. The Luton Outlaws forum was also quite an entertaing read.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »

Portchat is the best to read, although I haven't done for a while.

Once you work out all the factions and why they hate each other it becomes really compelling.

Not really bothered by any particular forum, however, hullablue and Dazza KTFC have to be two of the oddest, most argumentative people to ever have bashed furiously at a keyboard.

Any issue involving Alty you knew exactly what their position would be, and they'd keep going on and on and on about it for weeks.

Some of the running jokes about us can be a bit irritating, especially the one about Alty fans spreading out at away games. This is particularly annoying because it's actually true!

At Stalybridge last week there must have been about 30 Alty fans who stayed to watch the first half from the bar end of the ground.  ???
why do they spread out so much??

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »

We sat in the stand on the far side of the ground, we did not move from start to finish. I estimate there were at least a dozen other Alty supporters in close vicinity who did not move. The view was very good so why move. Its better than being behind the goals in my opinion.

bumble

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »

Kettering / Rushden / Darlo all made good reads

I used to read the teams around us during the relegation battles ie. Histon and Eastbourne

I keep an eye on the NLF, the conference forum (for our return come may ;) )

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »

We sat in the stand on the far side of the ground, we did not move from start to finish. I estimate there were at least a dozen other Alty supporters in close vicinity who did not move. The view was very good so why move. Its better than being behind the goals in my opinion.
I very seldom watch from behind the goal, much prefer a position in line with the edge of the penalty area that we are attacking, or thereabouts.

ADT

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »

I've noticed a huge differance between forums in this league, eg harrogate seem very polite and stalybridge complete tards....

Pot calling Kettle Black there.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »

Pot calling Kettle Black there.
carefull that could be classed as rascist in some strange tameside villeges...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Forum wars