Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ideas on the "Call for help" From the main site.

Author Topic: Ideas on the "Call for help" From the main site.  (Read 3065 times)

samba

« on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »

I'm an exile, and was wondering how I could help the club remotely, and had been completely unawares of the patron and friends scheme, which I think are great.  However, I'd much rather be able to do all this stuff online; I don't want to have to call someone up, maybe go dig out a chequebook from the darkest depths and post it up to Manchester etc. etc.  Also, if there were an online option, it lends itself more to impulse buying.  The same also goes for Yankee, to do it remotely is near impossible (from what I can tell, apologies if I'm wrong).

I respect it's an effort to get a load of infrastructure around this, but can we not just set it up on the ebay page?  No reason we couldn't sell being an Alty Patron as an ebay item from what I can imagine.  Things like Yankee may not lend itself so well, but a combination of email and paypal could do the trick, or a simple web form.  Couldn't help but notice not a single of the contacts in the Help article offered email, which is what a lot of people prefer these days.

I respect it can take effort/time to man these things, but I'd be willing to volunteer to keep my eye on it, although as it's dealing with money I'm not sure that's the greatest idea to let a fan look after it :).

Interested in peoples thoughts either way.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas on the "Call for help" From the main site.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »

I pay for my Friends of Altrincham FC by monthly standing order.

Although we have a guy who calls every fortnight to collect our Yankee money (£1.00 per week), I believe it is possible to do the same standing order arrangement for the weekly Yankee Lottery. 

As for the Patrons scheme that's just an annual cheque.

I'm sure if you ring the club, they would be happy to assist.

samba

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »

Salty,
I appreciate all that, and that's what I'll end up doing most likely.  But nowadays most people want to be able to do everything online, and quickly, and everything you've said there takes time and is an elongated process.  Whilst it's fine for many people, if there are people out there who are thinking of giving us money, we need to make it easy for them to do so.  I imagine a few people will have, in their time, seen the yankee jackpot and said "I fancy a punt on that, where do I sign up" then realising it took a fair amount of faffing gave up.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

I just send Auntie Jen a cheque every few months for the Saturday Yankee and they let me know on here if it is due etc
No problems

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »

I agree with everything you say Samba. You're spot on.

GrahameRowley

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »

If anyone needs to pay direct they can email me at altrinchamprog@yahoo.co.uk and I can provide bank details for BACS payments or other solutions.
Many thanks for the responses to date - howver many more are needed.

The Patrons Scheme for this season will be launched on the official website tonight and at all future home games at Moss Lane - please support this venture

Grahame Rowley

JT

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »

Potential idea:

We all know that there isn't enough 'Altrincham FC' around the local towns.  I am more than willing to hit alty for a few hours on a friday and saturday morning to spread the word about our next home game, letting people know there is one.  Is there any way the club could offer a small discount on entry and for example, for adults...a free pint/glass of wine, and for kids...a free bag of sweets?

Only problem is that I am a uni student in Liverpool, and therefore I'm usually not about in term time.  I am happy to give this a go for our final two home games (for which I will be about for as in holidays).  The rest of the time, would it be possible to have these flyers in places such as starving man and the other takeaways around the area?  If people pick these up after a few drinks on a friday evening, you never know, they might fancy the game the next day?

Just a few thoughts and open to suggestions.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »

I have 'standing orders' for some things and yes 'on-line' would be nice, but I can also write a cheque and address an envelope in less than 2 minutes as well
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 08:02:20 PM »

Mick,

It depends on the way you have been brought up on the internet.

I haven't written a cheque for ten years and have no idea if I even have a cheque book.

Good points Samba...

The club has Paypal I think which is as near as we are going to get without a merchant account I would say..

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »

I agree with Samba on this one. As an exile myself I am sure I would put a lot more money into the club if they had the facility to pay online for things. (then again this probably isnt wise for someone in my financial position  ;D ).

I have a chequebook somewhere. Where that somewhere is I havent a clue. And I think I have only ever written one cheque in my life since I got it about 6 years ago. And I'm not 100% comfortable with putting cash in the post which means that the club does miss out on my money because the next time I'll be in the area for a game I will not necessarily have the money for things I would buy online.

Personally, I think if the club really wants to advance then an online facility is essential in the modern day.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team