PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield re-jig for Kettering.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Midfield re-jig for Kettering.  (Read 5085 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Midfield re-jig for Kettering.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 10:03:19 PM »

Elam and Danylyk to start for me.

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 11:30:15 PM »

wepersonally, even though street has performed very well in the past couple of days, i would start with denham, danylyk and lawton, then you can start whoever yu want on the left, whether that be senior, meechan (even though he has played on the right recently) or Elam. Then yu have a massive choice who to bring on on the left whether that be Elam, senior, meechan, denhams. street can also play on the left but we haven't seen that. maybe its worth a try. Danylyk was brilliant at woking and in my opinion is worth a start. We wont know whether he is good enough at this level unless he starts a game and plays at least 60 minutes. For me its worth the gamble. I don't know what every one else thinks but Moss Lane Man seems to be in love with Danylyk (or DANNYLEEEEK if yur the raffffffffo of woking( ;)) ) so i'm guessing he may agree.

We have so many options we can have a play and still bring on others if we really need to, although i dont think that anybody in our squad is below the standard needed for this level.

:)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »

At the risk of seriously pising off ONeedham, until we've given Matt Doughty his crash course in the defensive elements of the No 3 shirt I'd think about starting Warren on the left to give Matt some 'insurance'

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »

without seriously intending to piss off everyone on this forum, i agree with you at times. after only seeing 3/7 of the pre season games i would have to agree with yu against 'bigger' teams but with the 'lesser' teams then me reckons an elam/senior/denham start would be beneficial.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »

Perhaps this year we are just better suited to playing conference sides, i.e. those with absolutely f**k all up front who prefer to pass the ball in front of us rather than turn us constantly like Barrow did. This is better in the long run as the majority of sides will be like that, unfortunately the ones we strive to finish above (relegation candidates) may play a bit more like that.

*Disclaimer*

Unless of course, the conference sides pass it about and play it into their forwards and stretch us about like Barrow did for their 4th goal on Tuesday.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »

Unless of course, the conference sides pass it about and play it into their forwards and stretch us about like Barrow did for their 4th goal on Tuesday.

Delete this post before they all know what to do!

Sainthelen

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:35 PM »

Just seen this on bbc non-league site-

Midfielder Val Owen (knee) is the only definite absentee for Altrincham's home clash with Kettering.

Boss Graham Heathcote could opt to bring in defender Richard Battersby while new signings Anthony Danylyk and Lee Elam could make their first starts.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield re-jig for Kettering.