PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wolves v Man United Sun 1.30pm
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wolves v Man United Sun 1.30pm  (Read 4801 times)

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »

Hi all

Just to let you know we will be showing...

Wolves  v  Man United  on Sunday kick off 1.30pm

All takings help the club so please support this if you can.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wolves v Man United Sun 1.30pm
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »

And it is being Refereed by an Altrincham Referee as well!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:22:37 AM »

So much for Referees coming from a neutral area.
I think its a good job Mick is no longer Wolves manager as he would have something to say.
It reminds me of the FA Cup Semi-Final when Everton manager made a pre-match point of Mike Dean being a Man U fan. In that game United missed out on what was a blatant penalty, which if converted would have won the game.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »

Anthony taylor , wikipedia says he's from wythy but probably just born there

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:27:41 AM »

Tez is an Alty fan, I think it says as much on his reffing paperwork as well.He got T**tted on the golf road end by a Halifax fan dressed as an arab sheikh in the mid nineties,

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »

Anthony taylor , wikipedia says he's from wythy but probably just born there

Ant is a Cheshire Referee, born and educated in Altrincham with a WA Postcode.

He did once live in Wythenshawe but hasn't done for a while

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »

I think its a good job Mick is no longer Wolves manager as he would have something to say.
It reminds me of the FA Cup Semi-Final when Everton manager made a pre-match point of Mike Dean being a Man U fan. In that game United missed out on what was a blatant penalty, which if converted would have won the game.

Well as Anthony is a CHESHIRE Referee with a WA postcode and an Altrincham fan to boot.

Why would he not be able to Referee Manchester United? There was no grief when he Reffed Man City so far as I can recall.

Are you impugning his integrity?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »

You'd be amazed ATS about the paranoia that fans of the top PL sides exhibit about the alleged allegiances of referees. Anthony Taylor despite the fact we all know on here is an Alty fan was publicly 'outed' on Bluemoon a fewe weeks ago as a United fan and Wythenshawe red and will now join Mike 'Ragboy' Riley as a confirmed United fan in the eyes of your average City fan on there. Certain refs might be incompetent but corrupt or biased against certain clubs is a load of tosh in my book.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »

Tez is an Alty fan, I think it says as much on his reffing paperwork as well.He got T**tted on the golf road end by a Halifax fan dressed as an arab sheikh in the mid nineties,

Stood right next to the incident that day and moved sharpish.  They all seemed friendly enough, perhaps too friendly.  Tossers

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 07:35:30 AM »

Well as Anthony is a CHESHIRE Referee with a WA postcode and an Altrincham fan to boot.

Why would he not be able to Referee Manchester United? There was no grief when he Reffed Man City so far as I can recall.

ATS, You have got the brain of a Scouser or they didn’t do Geography at Wellie Road. Altrincham is in the Greater Manchester borough of Trafford – same as Man U’s stadium, which is only 6 miles away. Historically Altrincham was in Cheshire until 1974 when the Labour government put it in Greater Manchester. Post codes were already in use and Altrincham had a Warrington (which was in Lancashire) post code due to the volumes already covered by Manchester. Warrington is over twice as far from Altrincham than Old Trafford is and Wolverhampton is 70 miles away. The postcode excuse was used by Scouse logic when Everton wanted to move 10 miles out of the city of Liverpool to Kirkby, pointing out that it has a Merseyside postcode. In theory Referees have to come from neutral areas, which is not the case when your friend lives in the same borough as Man U. Imagine if I refereed an England v Germany football match on the grounds that I am an Irish National – and made up for the injustice of the 1966 World Cup Final? ;)
As usual you are missing the point that most of us go to watch football matches to be entertained by the 2 teams, not the Referee.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:53:25 PM by RedhillAlty »

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »

Altrincham is officialy in CHESHIRE.

There is no such county as Greater Manchester ,it is a Metropolitan
& Trafford is a council Borough within that Metropolitan.

So yes, United & Altrincham are in the same Borough & Metropolitan, but not the same county of England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom#England

If you look at county cricket you will see that Cheshire is a minor county & they play some home games at Bowdon which is part
of Altrincham.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:44:50 AM by rigsby »

Foz

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »

Redhill Alty,

I am sure that ATS is aware of the changes to the borough that Altrincham is part of. I think his point rather more refers to the way that the FA structure is. The FA divides the country into counties for the purpose of referees, and equally football teams - as can be seen by local cup competitions. Anthony Taylor, as an Altrincham referee is a referee in Cheshire, as the FA deem Altrincham to be in Cheshire (as would be shown by our appearance in the Cheshire senior cup). Manchester United, are a member of the Manchester FA, and so play in the Manchester senior cup.

Therefore, in the FA's opinion, Anthony Taylor comes from a different county, so unless he has put them down as a team he supports or has a connection to, (which refs are asked!) he would be ok to ref them.

ATS, You have got the brain of a Scouser or they didn’t do Geography at Wellie Road. Altrincham is in the Greater Manchester borough of Trafford – same as Man U’s stadium, which is only 6 miles away. Historically Altrincham was in Trafford until 1974 when the Labour government put it in Greater Manchester. Post codes were already in use and Altrincham had a Warrington (which was in Lancashire) post code due to the volumes already covered by Manchester. Warrington is over twice as far from Altrincham than Old Trafford is and Wolverhampton is 70 miles away. The postcode excuse was used by Scouse logic when Everton wanted to move 10 miles out of the city of Liverpool to Kirkby, pointing out that it has a Merseyside postcode. In theory Referees have to come from neutral areas, which is not the case when your friend lives in the same borough as Man U. Imagine if I refereed an England v Germany football match on the grounds that I am an Irish National – and made up for the injustice of the 1966 World Cup Final? ;)
As usual you are missing the point that most of us go to watch football matches to be entertained by the 2 teams, not the Referee.

Redhill Alty,

I am sure that ATS is aware of the changes to the borough that Altrincham is/has been part of. I think his point refers to the way that the FA structure is. The FA divides the country into counties for the purpose of referees, and equally football teams - as can be seen by local cup competitions. Anthony Taylor, as an Altrincham referee is a referee in Cheshire, as the FA deem Altrincham to be in Cheshire (as would be shown by our appearance in the Cheshire senior cup). Manchester United, are a member of the Manchester FA, and so play in the Manchester senior cup.

Therefore, in the FA's opinion, Anthony Taylor comes from a different county, so unless he has put them down as a team he supports or has a connection to, (which refs are asked) he would be ok to ref them.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
ATS, You have got the brain of a Scouser or they didn’t do Geography at Wellie Road. Altrincham is in the Greater Manchester borough of Trafford – same as Man U’s stadium, which is only 6 miles away. Historically Altrincham was in Trafford until 1974 when the Labour government put it in Greater Manchester. Post codes were already in use and Altrincham had a Warrington (which was in Lancashire) post code due to the volumes already covered by Manchester. Warrington is over twice as far from Altrincham than Old Trafford is and Wolverhampton is 70 miles away. The postcode excuse was used by Scouse logic when Everton wanted to move 10 miles out of the city of Liverpool to Kirkby, pointing out that it has a Merseyside postcode. In theory Referees have to come from neutral areas, which is not the case when your friend lives in the same borough as Man U. Imagine if I refereed an England v Germany football match on the grounds that I am an Irish National – and made up for the injustice of the 1966 World Cup Final? ;)

[/quote]

Redhill

First off I attended Alty Grammar (as incidentally did Anthony) and we did do Geography whilst I was there

Secondly, and not wishing to be pedantic. Trafford actually did not exist UNTIL 1974. Prior to that it was a part of Cheshire. Stretford was part of Lancashire up until that date so historically Altrincham and Stretford are parts of different counties.

Thirdly my reference to Counties relates to how Match Officials register with the FA.

Fourthly (and maybe a touch controversially) Whilst I appreciate that folk obviously primarily go to football to watch the two teams, it is, in my view, noteworthy that Altrincham can claim to be the home of someone who has reached the apex of their profession be they Referee, Doctor or Unicyclist

Butty

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »

And this is what's wrong with football nowadays, the bloke hasn't even stepped out on the pitch to start his warm up and he is being criticised. Why can't people just leave referees alone and leave them to their job, but if they are going to criticise, praise every decision that is made correctly

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 03:37:55 AM »

Getting slightly back on topic.

The Bar will be open from 1pm for a 1.30pm Kick off.

All funds help will help the club progess.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team