PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ...and so it begins...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ...and so it begins...  (Read 8948 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ...and so it begins...
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2022, 07:49:16 PM »

I used to work in Oldham and for many years had to listen to 'Latics fans bemoaning their plight as they witnessed their steady decline through the FL system.  This is nothing new and they are now typical of a fair few clubs in the lower echelons of the FL, for whom the glory days are but a distant memory and without massive investment are unlikely ever to return.  The kind of investment needed is simply not going to happen and I'm afraid that Oldham are likely to continue to sink.  For a player of Colclough's ability, the only sound advice would be for him to steer well clear and to wait until a better offer comes in from a bigger and more secure club.

On a related matter, where are the figures that are being quoted on this thread being derived from?  I've never had any idea of what players are paid and I've often wondered how it is that some people seem to know.

Oldham's record since the turn of the last decade has been totally depressing...

16th / 17th / 16th / 19th / 15th / 15th / 17th / 17th / 21st / 14th / 19th / 18th / 23rd.

In the last 30 years, they've finished in the top half of the league 6 times.

Out of those 6, 4 were outside the playoffs - and the other two ended in defeats at the first hurdle.

Their top scorer last season scored 4 goals.
I only scored 4 goals less than their top scorer and I’ve never played for Oldham.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ...and so it begins...