PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ...and so it begins...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ...and so it begins...  (Read 8949 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ...and so it begins...
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »

I think we all recognised in our heart of hearts that Coco was probably leaving when his contract expired at the end of the season.
Personally, from his point of view, that's still his best choice too imho.
That goes for us too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2022, 11:27:40 AM »

A real quandary for the club.  Take the money now and risk derailing our season or possibly lose him for nothing at the end of the season.  I just hope he stays as if him and ccc go we could slip back down quickly

If it were to be Oldham, you're essentially handing them survival. 200k from them. 150k from a FL club.
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »

A real quandary for the club.  Take the money now and risk derailing our season or possibly lose him for nothing at the end of the season.  I just hope he stays as if him and ccc go we could slip back down quickly

If it were to be Oldham, you're essentially handing them survival. 200k from them. 150k from a FL club.

If that happens hopefully the money would be spent on replacements ie paying transfer fees if it's the right players

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2022, 12:01:57 PM »

Colclough would keep them up.

If he had a year or longer left on his contract, then how much would he be worth.... surely 350k and above..Suppose with half a season left on his contract, then 200k would be decent.

Don't expect him to do this, as he has already turned down an offer before ( probably Oldham last time) but would be amazing if  he accepted a contract extension, then we could demand a higher fee.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2022, 03:27:51 PM »

Not clued up on the transfer market at this level but that seems really high for a player with 6 months left on his deal. Players are moving around League 1 for that sort of money.

Notts County landed Langstaff for £50k.

26 weeks at £1k a week (for arguments sake, I don’t know what he earns), plus a cherry on top for the sh*t it would leave us in. Looking at £100k at the very top end unless I’m wildly mistaken.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »

Not clued up on the transfer market at this level but that seems really high for a player with 6 months left on his deal. Players are moving around League 1 for that sort of money.

26 weeks at £1k a week (for arguments sake, I don’t know what he earns), plus a cherry on top for the sh*t it would leave us in. Looking at £100k at the very top end unless I’m wildly mistaken.

Probably correct mate.

Colclough has already done it in the league and I would say he is in his prime right now.

I am confident he could do a job in league 1.

This not knowing is bloody horrible.

Does anyone actually know if Con-Clarke is defo going back ?

Watching Alty recently, especially when we had Newby was the best 11 we've had at this level for a very long time.

Just hope we are fighting to keep our talent, which sounds like we are doing and if it becomes out of our hands I hope we don't settle short.

If correct, the transfer window opens midnight on the 1st so does that mean we should have both the above at Halifax....?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2022, 05:17:04 PM »

Agreed I think we're looking at £50k-£100k, hopefully towards the higher end, given Langstaff probably held similar stock but at a level below.

On the loans, Transfermarkt has ones of this nature marked up as Jan 1st - rather than Dec 31st as you'd expect them to be - which you would probably read as 'inclusive of'. I would have expected the club to put out an update by now if CCC / Jones were heading back.

You never really appreciate it fully at the time, but a midfield five of Lundstram / Marriott / Colclough / Conn-Clarke / Newby was a bit ridiculous really.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2022, 05:32:39 PM »

I want the club to at least put up a fight to keep our greatest asset. Alty without Ryan and CCC would be a  very different proposition. Too many times in the past we seem to have let players go too easily. I know we can't match the spending power of bigger clubs but let's try to put some sort of message out there. I doubt if our attendances would hold up without the aforementioned players.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2022, 06:18:05 PM »

Another theory could be that nothing is happening at all... why would Oldham wait till January when there's no transfer window anyway? Sounds like lazy gossip strung together by people wanting to cause mischief.

If they have indeed submitted a bid, they did the same for Kurt Willoughby at Chester and they failed there; the other lad they were linked with was at SC**thorpe, so you can understand why that one went through - given they're in an extremely small exclusive group of clubs that are up sh*t creek more than Oldham are.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2022, 06:44:44 PM »

£100k would be a giveway for him ,  the starting figure should be double that at least because he's worth it , he's that good .
Had he been in contract i reckon Sarfend may have forked ot £100k for Mooney , talking of whom  seems to be out of fav down there especially with the fans .

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2022, 06:49:50 PM »

If they did, theres some big question marks over the recruitment teams at this level if you can pick up the conference north top scorer for the same as 4 Andy Whites.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2022, 07:41:43 PM »

A couple of their lot have quoted £150k, but obviously have no idea where that came from.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2022, 11:19:27 PM »

I used to work in Oldham and for many years had to listen to 'Latics fans bemoaning their plight as they witnessed their steady decline through the FL system.  This is nothing new and they are now typical of a fair few clubs in the lower echelons of the FL, for whom the glory days are but a distant memory and without massive investment are unlikely ever to return.  In the current climate the kind of investment needed is simply not going to happen and I'm afraid that Oldham are likely to continue to sink.  For a player of Colclough's ability, the only sound advice would be for him to steer well clear and to wait until a better offer comes in from a bigger and more secure club.

On a related matter, where are the figures that are being quoted on this thread being derived from?  I've never had any idea of what players are paid and I've often wondered how it is that some people seem to know.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 10:25:42 PM by Is this it? »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2022, 07:27:57 PM »

I used to work in Oldham and for many years had to listen to 'Latics fans bemoaning their plight as they witnessed their steady decline through the FL system.  This is nothing new and they are now typical of a fair few clubs in the lower echelons of the FL, for whom the glory days are but a distant memory and without massive investment are unlikely ever to return.  The kind of investment needed is simply not going to happen and I'm afraid that Oldham are likely to continue to sink.  For a player of Colclough's ability, the only sound advice would be for him to steer well clear and to wait until a better offer comes in from a bigger and more secure club.

On a related matter, where are the figures that are being quoted on this thread being derived from?  I've never had any idea of what players are paid and I've often wondered how it is that some people seem to know.

Oldham's record since the turn of the last decade has been totally depressing...

16th / 17th / 16th / 19th / 15th / 15th / 17th / 17th / 21st / 14th / 19th / 18th / 23rd.

In the last 30 years, they've finished in the top half of the league 6 times.

Out of those 6, 4 were outside the playoffs - and the other two ended in defeats at the first hurdle.

Their top scorer last season scored 4 goals.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2022, 07:47:29 PM »

To be fair to them they were saddled with idiot owners for a lot of that time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ...and so it begins...