PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ...and so it begins...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ...and so it begins...  (Read 8947 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
...and so it begins...
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:18:12 PM »

Just noticed a tweet from a few days ago:

"Tranmere Rovers are interested in signing Altrincham winger Ryan Colclough in the January transfer window"

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ...and so it begins...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »

Oh heck!
Just twittercrap I hope.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 08:40:29 PM »

had we not moved up in 10 places in 13 games, I'd have believed he could go; but I think he'll stay put
It's all my fault.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 09:59:21 PM »

It's not from an actual news source, and has not been mentioned anywhere else.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 08:43:59 AM »

Newby/Jennings till the end of the season
Toby/Ryan contract extensions

Come on Alty, make it happen...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 09:52:49 AM »

Newby/Jennings till the end of the season
Toby/Ryan contract extensions

Come on Alty, make it happen...

That's exactly what we all want isn't it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 09:58:55 AM »

I’d rather all 4 be permanent deals and throw CCC in with them too… Now that would be a lovely Christmas present 🎁

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »

Just to throw in a bonus one, if I were Parky I'd get on the phone to his mates at Stoke about Will Goodwin.

Convince them their lad is better off in a comfortable mid table battle being fed by two of the best wingers in the league, than a relegation battle on the south west coast.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 02:10:04 PM »

Just to throw in a bonus one, if I were Parky I'd get on the phone to his mates at Stoke about Will Goodwin.

Convince them their lad is better off in a comfortable mid table battle being fed by two of the best wingers in the league, than a relegation battle on the south west coast.

Same with Danny Elliot. We're in a comfortable position to start loaning potential signings - can't see us troubling either zone so if Jennungs isnt a FT signing option Id rather we look at soneone we could take on a season long loan next year
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »

Same with Danny Elliot. We're in a comfortable position to start loaning potential signings - can't see us troubling either zone so if Jennungs isnt a FT signing option Id rather we look at soneone we could take on a season long loan next year

Agreed on Danny Elliott, although I think he'd probably be quite expensive in terms of wages - who knows.

Given his recent good form I think I've started turning my attention to Goodwin a bit more - just because it seems very plausible that we might be able to get him given Parky's connections to Stoke, and the fact Eddy Jones plays in the same development squad. Seems to have a lot of the same tick boxes that Newby did.

Connor Jennings has done a great job for us, and hopefully we do sign him up for next season - but I'd like it to be as a very good backup option to someone at a better age and with a much higher ceiling of potential to come in his career.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 04:56:19 PM »

Agreed on Danny Elliott, although I think he'd probably be quite expensive in terms of wages - who knows.

Given his recent good form I think I've started turning my attention to Goodwin a bit more - just because it seems very plausible that we might be able to get him given Parky's connections to Stoke, and the fact Eddy Jones plays in the same development squad. Seems to have a lot of the same tick boxes that Newby did.

Connor Jennings has done a great job for us, and hopefully we do sign him up for next season - but I'd like it to be as a very good backup option to someone at a better age and with a much higher ceiling of potential to come in his career.

Parkinsons most successful 9's have been bringing players in with their hold up play. Goodwin I think would score plenty; but I think we'd need a hold up player alongside him
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 05:09:24 PM »

Parkinsons most successful 9's have been bringing players in with their hold up play. Goodwin I think would score plenty; but I think we'd need a hold up player alongside him

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure his energy and work rate is a big part of his game - hence why I thought he'd make a good Parky signing.

I know Danny Elliott was never considered a natural finisher - up until last season - but makes up for it in work rate, and he's at a good age for sure.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 11:38:50 AM »

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure his energy and work rate is a big part of his game - hence why I thought he'd make a good Parky signing.

I know Danny Elliott was never considered a natural finisher - up until last season - but makes up for it in work rate, and he's at a good age for sure.

On paper He'd be excellent and I often think a poacher from our wide men would suit us that someone with hold up play.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 10:54:22 PM »

Rumour on Latics forum about Ryan too.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2022, 11:15:21 PM »

Rumour on Latics forum about Ryan too.

obviously a big club  but are in real danger of going down .Not sure if joining  Oldham at the moment would be a good move for him
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ...and so it begins...